Copycat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps: In the mood for PF Chang’s but don’t want to go out? Try these copycat Lettuce Wraps: savory chicken wrapped inside crisp lettuce. This healthy recipe is perfect as an appetizer or a light supper.
I love to cook, but some days I am just SO SO SO SO SO tired. Heck, there are some days I barely have the energy to dial the pizza guy. (Thank gosh for online ordering, am I right)?
This is one of those easy peasy recipes, you can make even on a busy weeknight. It takes less than 25 minutes from start to finish. You could even make the chicken mixture ahead of time.
The copycat recipe cooks up in no time. One pan, dump into lettuce leaves and you are good to go!
Copycat Pf Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Chicken
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Sweet Onion Diced
- ¼ Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Freshly Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 8 Ounce Can Whole Water Chestnuts Drained and Diced
- 2 Green Onions Sliced
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger,and Sriracha. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in water chestnuts and green onions. Cook for 1-2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon chicken mixture into the center of butter lettuce leaves.
Recipe adapted via Damn Delicious
PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Substitution Tips
1. Feel free to substitute ground turkey, or even textured vegetable protein for the ground chicken.
2. Swap soy sauce for liquid aminos to make this recipe gluten free.
PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Tips
1. Remove butter lettuce core, and allow water to run through head. Drain on paper towels before separating. This will allow the lettuce to be crisp and refreshing.
What do you think of this copycat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wrap recipe? What is your favorite PF Chang’s Recipe?