Crab Cream Cheese Wontons
Crab Cream Cheese Wontons Super crispy wontons stuffed with a juicy and flavorful crab filling. Cheaper and faster than takeout! Optional Sweet & Sour dipping sauce recipe included.
Cream Cheese Wontons are one of our favorite Chinese takeout favorites. Also known as Crab Rangoon or Crab puffs, they are addicting! These Crab Cream Cheese Wontons could not be easier to make at home. You only need a few common ingredients and a pot to fry them in.
More Deep Fried Apps:
The hardest part is sealing them, but my cornstarch mixture is almost foolproof!
I also include an optional but encouraged dipping sauce. If you’re short on time you could use a store bought sweet and sour sauce instead.
More Easy Appetizers:
- For the Cream Cheese Wontons with Crab
- ½ Pound Fresh Crab Meat, Shell Removed
- 8 Ounces of Cream Cheese, Softened
- ½ Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Grated Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 2 Green Onions,Sliced Thin
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 24 Wonton Skins
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Oil,For Frying
- For the Sweet an Sour Crab Rangoon Dipping Sauce
- 5 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch Dissolved in 3 Tablespoons of Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ½ Cup Water
- For the Crab Cream Cheese Wontons
- In a large bowl, combine crab and cream cheese.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, and green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Add the egg yolk. Set aside, we'll use this to seal up our wontons in a bit.
- Fill each wonton wrapped with ~1 teaspoon of filling. Coat the edges of the wonton with the sealing mixture. Then fold over to create a triangle.
- Press to seal, and then crimp the edges using a fork.
- In a large pot heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry in batches for 3-4 minutes or until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- For the Cream Cheese Rangoon Dipping Sauce
- Im a large bowl, combine sugar, salt, vinegars, soy sauce, and ketchup. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch/water mixture with the sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat vegetable oil. Cook garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in your prepared sauce. Stir frequently until it comes to a boil. Reduce to low and add in cornstarch mixture until thickened.
- Pour in water. Remove from heat.
Cream Cheese Rangoons With Crab and Dipping Sauce adapted via Food People Want
Cream Cheese Wontons With Crab Shopping Tips:
- Wonton Wrappers can be found near the tofu section in the produce section of the grocery store.
Craving more takeout fakeout?
Crab recipes from blogs I Heart:
Hot Crab Dip via Spicy Southern Kitchen
Crab Cakes via Simply Recipes
Chicken La Mer via Small Town Woman
What do you think of these crab cream cheese wontons? What is your favorite Chinese takeout item?