Peach Sangria: Sweet white wine and juicy peaches come together in this refreshing cocktail. This must have summer cocktail takes just 5 minutes to make!
Looking for the perfect summer cocktail? You have to try this one. This white wine sangria with perfectly ripe peaches is an absolute must-have on a long summer afternoon. It is wonderful for sipping with friends/family at parties. In addition, it is always a welcome treat at wedding showers, book clubs, and block parties.
It is light and refreshing, and doesn’t call for any fancy ingredients. Best of all, it comes together in less than 5 minutes! It is one of my favorite summer sippers, and I hope it becomes one of yours too! Try my bellini recipe too.
What Is Sangria?
Sangria is a drink that comes from Portugal and Spain. It is usually a wine based cocktail, flavored with fresh fruit. The fruit gives flavor to the cocktail and absorbs some the alcohol as well. Boozy fruit is SO amazing! You can make sangria with any variety of wine (red/white), and any combination of fruits that suits your tastes.
- White Wine: I used Moscato because it is one of my favorite wines to drink. I usually have it in the house anyways. If you prefer a less sweet wine, pinot grigio will work well too.
- White Rum
- Peach Schnapps: Schnapps is a type of alcohol that is made from fermenting fruit juices with a base liquor. Schnapps are also sometimes referred to as fruit brandies. It is a light-colored liquor that has a sweet fruity flavor.
- Peaches: I used fresh since they’re in season right now. You can also use frozen peaches which are picked, so they are similar to fresh. One large bag should do just fine for this recipe. Avoid using canned fruit. They are usually canned in syrup which can make them too sweet, and not give you that punch of flavor you were expecting.
- Sprite: Use any lemon-lime soda you like such as Sierra Mist, or Sprite. You could also use peach-flavored sparkling water if you want to limit the sugar in this recipe.
How To Make Peach Sangria
- In a large pitcher, combine wine, rum, and peach schnapps. Stir in peaches. Chill.
- Gently stir in Sprite just before serving. Drink responsibly!
- Use frozen peaches instead of ice cubes to avoid watering down your drink.
- You can make this in advance if you’d like to do some party prep work in advance. I like to make mine the night before. Add the soda pop just before serving so it doesn’t lose its fizz.
- Double or triple this recipe and serve in a punch bowl for a larger crowd.
- If you don’t like rum you could also use regular or peach vodka instead.
- How to Choose a Good Peach: Try to buy local if possible. These are always the best choice. Look for fruits that are fragrant but also bright in color. They should also be a little soft when you squeeze them. Avoid peaches that are green in color, or that appear shriveled.
More Summer Cocktails
Be sure to check out our list of peach royal crown drinks too.
- 1 Bottle White Wine I used Moscato
- ¾ Cup White Rum I used Bacardi
- ¼ Cup Peach Schnapps
- 5 Peaches Sliced
- 4 Cups Sprite
- In a large pitcher, combine white rum, peach schnapps, wine, and peaches. Chill for 3-4 hours.
- Just before serving, gently stir in Sprite. Enjoy and always drink responsibly!