Honey Walnut Shrimp
Honey Walnut Shrimp: Crispy shrimp in a finger licking good sauce. This takeout favorite couldn’t be easier!
We love getting Honey Walnut Shrimp at Panda Express. It is way easier than you might think to make at home!
Deep fried shrimp is toss in a simple sweet sauce that comes together in 25 minutes or less. I bet you can’t make it to the drive through and back in that time. Go ahead I’ll wait here with my timer!
Honey Walnut Shrimp Tips
- Fresh or frozen shrimp would would fine in this recipe. I used frozen because my small town grocery store doesn’t carry fresh.
- To thaw frozen shrimp place in a bowl of cold water. Thoroughly pat dry before frying.
- Serve with a salad and rice to make this appetizer into a meal.
Honey Walnut Shrimp Trivia Tidbits
- Americans consume over 1 billion pounds of shrimp a year. I’m pretty sure at least half of that is me making this recipe. Not even joking!
- It takes over 2 million flowers to make 1 pound of honey.
- Utah is known as the Beehive state.
Honey Walnut Shrimp Panda Express Recipe
Honey Walnut Shrimp
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- Vegetable Oil For Frying
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Pound Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Green Onions Thinly Sliced For Garnish If Desired
- In a small saucepan ,combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil. Pour in walnuts, and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Set up a dredging station with egg and cornstarch. Dip shrimp in egg, and then cornstarch.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes or until pink. Drain on paper towels. Fry walnuts for 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk. Toss with shrimp until evenly coated.
- Serve with walnuts and sliced green onions.
Craving more easy recipes?
Shrimp Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Honey Lime Shrimp via Saving Dessert
Shrimp Jambalaya Bowls via Buy This Cook That
Coconut Shrimp via Gastro Senses