Shrimp Fried Rice(Last Updated On: March 23, 2019)
Disclosure: Today’s Shrimp Fried Rice is brought to you by Minute® Rice.
Between work, blogging, and family responsibilities by the end of the day I am EXHAUSTED. You know those days when you just want to order takeout and veg out on the couch?
I’m all too familiar with doing just that. However, with swimsuit season coming up I like to watch my calories and sodium which takeout is full of!
I decided to create my own healthier version of homemade shrimp fried rice using Minute® Rice.
This shrimp stir fry with rice comes together so quickly as shrimp takes no time at all to cook. In addition, the rice cooks in just 5 minutes! Make it go even faster by using leftover rice.
Looking for an even healthier version of easy shrimp fried rice with more fiber? Consider swapping out the white rice for Minute®Rice’s 100% Whole Wheat version instead.
How to Make Shrimp Fried Rice
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Sweet Onion Diced
- 2 Carrots Peeled and Grated
- 1/2 Cups Frozen Peas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Cups Cooked Minute® Rice
- 2 Green Onions Sliced
- In a medium saucepan bring 3 cups of salted water to a boil. Stir in 3 cups of White Minute Rice. Remove from heat and cook for around 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger powder. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Use the same skillet to cook your onion until softened. Then add garlic.
- Add carrots, and peas. Cook until tender.
- Push vegetables to the side of the pan. Scramble 2 eggs in the center of the pan.
- Stir rice, green onions, and prepared sauce into the eggs and vegetables. Stir constantly until everything is heated through.
Looking for more Rice Recipes? . Be sure to check out Minute® Rice’s website for ideas and inspiration.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
What do you think of this Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe With Fried Rice? What’s your favorite take out item?