Chicken Alfredo Pizza(Last Updated On: August 2, 2020)
Chicken Alfredo Pizza: Easy no rise crust loaded with creamy alfredo, melty cheese, and crunchy bacon. Your favorite pasta dish in pizza form!
I adore pizza! Traditional pizza with mozzarella is also a winner, but sometimes I’m craving something different. I love getting chicken alfredo pizza from our local Italian restaurant at least once a month. So cheesy and full of flavor.
My recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing. Once you try this best chicken alfredo pizza recipe, you won’t want to order take out again. This recipe is easy to make an tastes amazing! Perfectly juicy chicken, creamy alfredo, and of course tons of cheese all baked up until melty.
Related:Pizza Margherita Recipe
Chicken Alfredo Pizza Ingredients
For the Easy No Rise Crust:
- Pizza Yeast: I use pizza yeast because it doesn’t require any rise time.
- Sugar: Sugar gives our yeast something to eat. It produces carbon dioxide which helps our pizza rise.
- Water: Make sure to use warm water to help activate the yeast.
- Olive Oil
For the Alfredo Sauce:
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Heavy Cream
- Milk: Use whole milk for the best results.
- Parmesan Cheese
For the toppings:
- Mozzarella Cheese: Parmesan, Provolone, or Gouda would also be delicious.
- Chicken: I used grilled chicken. Rotisserie chicken would also be great here.
Chicken Alfredo Pizza Recipe
- Pizza Dough: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add warm water and mix until combined.
- Add flour and water a little at a time. Knead for 4-6 minutes. Press or role into a circle.
- Spread with half of the alfredo sauce. Add chicken, and top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon, and onion.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Reheat Pizza
Always be sure to store leftover pizza in the fridge. I prefer to reheat pizza in a skillet. Add just few drops of water (no oil) and heat covered for a few minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat in the oven. Place the pizza on aluminum foil and put into a preheated oven, at 350. Heat the pizza for about 5-10 minutes. I’m sure you know the microwave works in a pinch, but I prefer to avoid it if possible. The crust gets tough on the edges and the bottom can get soggy.
Can You Make It Ahead?
If you are planning on making homemade pizza for dinner ,you can make the dough ahead of time. I personally do not like to assemble the pizza until it is time to bake it. I also do not like to cook the pizza before it is time to eat it. You can also freeze the dough if you’d like to always have some on hand.
What Is the Difference Between a White Pizza and Alfredo Pizza?
White pizza is a pizza with an herbed olive oil sauce that often has ricotta cheese, tomato, and mozzarella. Alfredo pizza has a thick creamy white sauce that is dairy not oil based. Both are delicious choices that you can add toppings of your choice to.
What to Serve With Chicken Alfredo Pizza?
I love serving typical pizza sides like breadsticks, garlic knots, or even cheese sticks with my pizza. We also like bruschetta, garlic bread, and wings are also family favorites. If you are looking for a way to balance out your pizza dinner, you can add a salad or some apple slices.
- Add Veggies: Add veggies like broccoli, spinach, or mushrooms.
- Semi Homemade: Use pre-cooked chicken or a prepared pizza crust to get dinner on the table even quicker!
- Make It Low Carb or Gluten Free: Use a cauliflower pizza crust instead.
- Make It Vegetarian: Leave off the chicken or substitute veggie chicken strips instead.
- Spice It Up: Add cayenne pepper to your alfredo sauce, and top with red pepper flakes.
More Chicken Dinners We Love
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
For the Dough
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Ounce Pizza Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup Warm Water
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
For the Alfredo Sauce
For the Pizza
- 1 1/2 Cups Grilled Chicken Shredded
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 Slices Bacon Cooked Crisp
- 1/2 Sweet Onion Sliced
For the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix combine, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add warm water and olive oil. Mix until combined.
- Knead for 4-6 minutes or until the dough no longer sticks to your fingers. Press or roll into a circle.
For the Alfredo
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Whisk in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour in cream, bring to a simmer. Boil for 30 seconds.
- Pour in cream, bring to a simmer. Boil for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
Putting It All together
- Spread half of alfredo sauce onto pizza crust. Add chicken, and top with the rest of the alfredo sauce.
- Sprinkle with bacon, cheese, and onion.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
If you are craving a delicious pizza for dinner, try this chicken alfredo pizza recipe. It has quickly become one of my favorites.
What do you think of this chicken alfredo pizza? What is your favorite specialty pizza?