Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings: Crispy chicken wings in a delectable tangy sauce. Perfect for game day!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Millennial Central for Kirin. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions about these delicious Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings are my own.
Ever notice how certain foods just seem to “click”. Peanut butter and jelly, chocolate and peanut butter, or bacon and eggs. However, the great thing about food is discovering delicious new flavor combinations that make your tastebuds sing.
Related: Asian Meatball Recipe
These Asian Sweet and Sour Wings fit the bill with just the right amount of tangy sweetness. I paired the sweet and sour chicken wings with the crisp hoppy taste of Kirin Ichiban beer. I like that it complements ,but does not compete with the flavorful sweet and sour chicken wings.
Kirin originally began in Japan. However, its unique first pressed process and refreshing taste have made it available in the United States as well. Recently they have partnered with celeb chef Candice Kumal. I can’t wait to see what delicious recipes she creates!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings Recipe
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds Chicken wings wing tips removed
For the Marinade
- In a small bowl, combine whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in a large Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken in the bag, seal & then gently toss to coat the chicken. Place in the fridge and allow to marinate for a couple of hours up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a wire rack on top of a a large baking sheet or roaster (I used a large throw away foil roaster from the dollar tree). Lay the chicken wings on top of the wire rack and then pour the remaining marinade over the chicken & allow to drip down into the pan.
- Bake the wings for 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink & the skin has started to caramelize.
- While the chicken is cooking, make your sweet & sour sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and reduced by about half.
- Once the wings have cooked, either serve them dry with the sauce on the side. Or place the cooked wings into the sauce and toss to coat, allowing the wings to absorb some of the sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onions, if desired.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings Sauce Inspired by Martha Stewart
Hungry for more delicious recipes? Be sure to check out the Kirin Ichiban facebook page.
What do you think of these sweet and sour chicken wings?