Pizza Burgers(Last Updated On: August 4, 2020)
Pizza Burgers: Flavorful and juicy burgers topped with melty cheese. Your two takeout favorites in one great dinner.
Pizza burgers will have your family running to the dinner table and begging for more! They combine my 2 takeout favorites: pizza and cheeseburgers!
These homemade pizza burgers are juicy, flavorful, and best of all easy to make! Serve with french fries, baked beans, and pasta salad for a complete meal. They’re sure to fulfill any burger craving that you have.
What Is a Pizza Burger?
Pizza burgers Italian seasoned beef patties, topped with your favorite pizza fixings. For this recipe I used mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Each bite brings together the flavors of burgers and pizza. It is perfect for when you just can’t decide!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Type of Ground Beef Should I Use?
When you are making burgers I like using beef that is 80% fat and 20% lean. This leads to a nice juicy burger. If you are watching your calories, you can use leaner beef or even ground turkey if you want.
If you wanted to swap the ground beef for leaner meat, you can also change it to ground turkey or ground chicken.
2. Should I Cook the Burgers on the Grill, or the Stove Top?
The great thing about these pizza burgers is that you can cook them either way. Grilling adds great flavor, but you can also use the stove if it is in the winter.
3. How Can Tell When Burgers Are Done?
Use an instant-read thermometer. Color is not always a good indicator to know if the burgers are done. Even professional chefs often rely on a thermometer. For a well done burger, you want the temperature to be 165 degrees in the center of the burger.
How Long Do They Last?
Pizza burgers, like other burgers, will last about 3 days in the refrigerator before it is no longer safe to eat. If you have more burgers than you can eat in that amount of time, you can also store them in the refrigerator. You will want to freeze the burgers without the buns for the best results. The buns will not reheat well.
How To Make Pizza Burgers
- Toast Buns: Spread buns with seasoned butter. Toast for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Make the Patties: Combine beef, sausage, Italian seasoning ,and salt/pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top The Burgers: Top with pizza sauce, cheeses, and pepperoni. Cover with foil until melted. Place burgers onto prepared buns.
What to Serve With Pizza Burgers
Instant Pot Baked Beans With bacon!!
Caesar Pasta Salad Easy and quick!
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in garlic herb seasoning. Brush on buns, and toast on grill or in skillet for ~1 minute per side.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, salt/pepper, and Italian seasoning. Form in 4 even patties.
- Cook on preheated grill pan ,or outdoor grill for ~4-5 minutes per side. Cook to 160 degrees F for a well done burger.
- Top with sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, and finally Parmesan cheese. Place onto prepared bun.
What To Serve With Pizza Burgers