Watermelon Cake: Juicy watermelon “cake” topped with sweetened whipped cream and tart berries.
When it comes to holiday desserts my family is always “too full” after a big meal for whatever crazy, fabulous dessert I’ve made.
Personally, I always have room for dessert so this concept is a bit foreign to me!
However, I can usually talk them into something “light” like Angel Food Cake or Jello (lol!). However, those are kind of boring/repetitive. I decided to try something different.
This watermelon cake recipe is cool, creamy, and refreshing. It also looks beautiful enough to double as a centerpiece!
Watermelon Cake Recipe
- 7-10 Pound Seedless Watermelon
- 2 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream, Chilled
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Fruit, I used Strawberries/Blueberries
- Cut the ends off of your watermelon with a very sharp knife. Set aside.
- Set the cake upright. Cut off all of the green rind and white pith. Gradually cut off the longer sides until it resembles a circle.
- Use a chilled bowl and beats to whip your cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar a little at a time. Continue mixing until it forms soft peaks.
- Blot watermelon with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Spread whipped cream onto the melon cake using an offset spatula. Top with berries if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Adapted via: Sprinkle Bakes
You may also enjoy:
Wonderful Watermelon Recipes from Bloggers I love:
1. Watermelon Slushies via Averie Cooks
2. Watermelon Lemonade Margaritas via Crazy for Crust
3. Balsamic Watermelon Chicken Salad via Pinch of Yum
4. Watermelon Jello Shots via That’s So Michelle
5. Sour Watermelon Gummies via Meatified
What do you think of this Watermelon Cake Recipe?