Watermelon Cake: Juicy watermelon “cake” topped with sweetened whipped cream and tart berries.
When it comes to holiday desserts my family is always “too full” after a big meal for whatever crazy, fabulous dessert I’ve made.
Personally, I always have room for dessert so this concept is a bit foreign to me!
However, I can usually talk them into something “light” like Angel Food Cake or Jello (lol!). However, those are kind of boring/repetitive. I decided to try something different.
This watermelon cake recipe is cool, creamy, and refreshing. It also looks beautiful enough to double as a centerpiece!
More Summer Desserts
- 7-10 Pound Seedless Watermelon
- 2 ½ cups Heavy Whipping Cream Chilled
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Fruit I used Strawberries/Blueberries
- Cut the ends off of your watermelon with a very sharp knife. Set aside.
- Set the cake upright. Cut off all of the green rind and white pith. Gradually cut off the longer sides until it resembles a circle.
- Use a chilled bowl and beats to whip your cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar a little at a time. Continue mixing until it forms soft peaks.
- Blot watermelon with paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Spread whipped cream onto the melon cake using an offset spatula. Top with berries if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Adapted via: Sprinkle Bakes
You may also enjoy:
What do you think of this Watermelon Cake Recipe?