Cannoli Cake with Cannoli Cream Frosting: Moist melt in your mouth cake topped with a decadent cannoli cream frosting. Your favorite Italian dessert in cake form!
Cannoli is a traditional Italian dessert that consists of crispy fried shells filled with sweetened ricotta. It is delicious ,but tricky/time consuming to make.
This Cannoli Cake has all the flavors of traditional cannoli, but is a cinch to make.And Holy Cannoli is it good!
This milk soaked cake is topped with a rich cannoli cream frosting and plenty of chocolate chips.
It doesn’t require any fancy equipment and can easily be made without a mixer.
More Cake Ideas:
Favorite Cannoli Recipes
Cannoli Cake with Cannoli Cream Frosting Recipe
Adapted via Life Love Sugar
- 1 Box White Cake Mix, (Plus Ingredents Called For on the Box)
- 14 Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk, Divided
- 1 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese, Strained
- 1 1/2 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Additional Powdered Sugar, If Desired
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake cake according to box directions. Cool completely.
- Poke holes in the top of the cake. (I used a wooden spoon.)
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the sweetened condensed milk. Pour the rest over the top of the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for ~1 hour or until milk is absorbed.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Mix under smooth.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time until just combined.
- Mix in remaining sweetened condensed milk.
- Spread frosting evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and dust with additional powdered sugar if desired.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator.
Cannoli Cake Shopping Tips:
Don’t substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta in this recipe. It is cheaper but will not give you the same rich flavor or texture.
Craving more cake?
Cannoli Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Cannoli Dip via Something Swanky
Cannoli Cream Strawberries via Desserts Required
Cannoli Sugar Cookie Cups via Kleinworth Co
What do you think of this cannoli cake? What is your favorite cannoli filling?