Blueberry Mojito: Cool off this summer with sweet blueberries, tart limes, and a refreshing splash of rum. This cocktail will sweep you away like a cool island breeze & is perfect for lazy summer afternoons!
This time of year blueberries are so easy to come by. Farmers markets and blueberries patches are overflowing. Just this week my supermarket had them on sale buy one get one free! Sounds great in theory until it’s 4 days later and you’ve got a fridge full of blueberries!
When life hands you blueberries, make a blueberry mojito!
The sweetness of the blueberries pairs perfectly with the tartness of the limes. This recipe makes 2 blueberry mojitos, but you might want to double it because they go down easy!
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries, (Set aside a few for garnish if desired)
- 4 Ounces Rum
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons White Sugar
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 6 Ounces Club Soda
- Ice Cubes
- Blend or muddle blueberries until smooth. Set aside.
- Use a muddler or wooden spoon to blend in mint leaves and sugar.
- Stir in rum, lime juice, and blueberry mixture.
- Pour over club soda & ice. Gently stir.
- Garnish with extra blueberries,lime, and mint if desired.
Adapted via The Novice Chef
Summer drinks from blogs I heart:
Margarita Sangria via Crazy For Crust
Watermelon Elderflower Cocktail via Life Life Sugar
Frozen Cranberry Orange Mimosa via Crunchy Creamy Sweet
What do you think of this Blueberry Mojito? What’s your favorite summer drink?