Easy Strawberry Daiquiri
Easy Strawberry Daiquiri: A Frosty, sweet, and refreshing cocktail that couldn’t be easier to make. Requires only THREE common ingredients and tastes like an adult slushie!
Are you living in denial that Fall is upon us? Everyone else is sipping PSLs (Pumpkin Spice Lattes) and I’m like haaaiii I’m not done with summer cocktails. Get me a large Strawberry Daiquiri pronto!There’s just way too many on my summer bucket list that I didn’t get to make yet! So we’re carrying on into Fall. Got a problem? Here have one of these it’ll help! 🙂
This is a traditional frozen strawberry daiquiri and it could NOT be simpler. You only need 3 ingredients plus ice! Best of all no fancy drink maker required, a basic blender will do just fine.
What’s In a Strawberry Daiquiri
A strawberry daiquiri requires only 4 ingredients. This makes it perfect for lazy summer days, or the casual cocktail crafter. The 4 ingredients are:
- White Rum (More on that below)
- Fresh Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are best for this recipe. Take advantage of them when they’re in season in late spring/early summer. If you don’t have access to fresh berries, frozen should work fine too. Since this is a frosty frozen drink you won’t even need to thaw them! Be sure to save a couple for garnish.
- Lime Juice: Use fresh lime juice for the perfect flavor! I find it has more flavor, and less acid than the little green bottles. To get the most juice possible from your lime try microwaving it for 15-20 seconds, It is always handy to use the juicer from the back of your kitchen gadget drawer as well.
- Ice: I don’t have an automatic ice machine, so I just use regular cubes. As long as you have a high powered blender it will work just fine.
With only 4 ingredients the recipe is just as easy as you would expect! The strawberries, rum, and lime juice get tossed in the blender. A push of a button and it is ready for ice! Be sure to add the ice a little at a time. If you want a thicker drink use less ice. If you prefer a more “slushy” cocktail you may end up needing the whole 2 cups of ice.
What Kind of Alcohol Do You Put In a Strawberry Daiquiri
In my drink I used white rum. This is the traditional daiquiri liquor. However, if you don’t like rum vodka can be substituted. Just be aware the flavor will be different.
What Kind Of Rum Is In a Strawberry Daiquiri?
For this recipe I used White Rum (Bacardi is my favorite). Captain Morgan is also great! No matter what brand of rum you use, I would suggest sticking with white rum. It is aged for a shorter period of time ,and tends to have a milder flavor.
What Is In a Non Alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri?
If you want to make it a virgin (non alcoholic) you will only need two ingredients:Strawberries and Lime Juice plus ice! The fruity non alcoholic version is great for little ones on hot days. Dial back on the lime juice, and add a little bit of white sugar if it is too tart.
What To Eat With a Strawberry Daiquiri
Frozen drinks make me think of lazy summer days enjoying a good book or eating dinner on the patio. The gorgeous red color of this drink make it perfect for patriotic holidays like Memorial Day or the 4th of July. It is perfect for pre dinner appetizers, and goes great with salty snacks. Think cheese & crackers, veggies with ranch, or even Pigs in a Blanket!
- 1 Cup White Rum (I used Bacardi)
- 3 Cups Fresh Strawberries, Hulled and Roughly Chopped
- ¼ Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1-2 Cups of Ice Cubes
- In a combine the rum, strawberries, and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add ice ½ cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Evenly divide between glasses.
Easy Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe Adapted via The Kitchn
Daiquiri Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
1 Watermelon Daiquiri via Fake Ginger
2. Lime Lantern Daiquiri via Mom On Timeout
3. Pineapple Daiquiris via A Cozy Kitchen
What do you think of this Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe?