Amaretto Sour(Last Updated On: August 4, 2020)
Amaretto Sour: This bright and refreshing cocktail makes the perfect party drink. Only 3 ingredients between this sipper and your lips!
The Amaretto Sour is a great classic drink to add to your cocktail repertoire. It is a staple in our house alongside the Bahama Mama and Sex On the Beach. If you’re looking for a great drink that is perfect for a nightcap or a slow sipper with friends, you really can’t go wrong with an amaretto sour. Having this beverage in hand is a perfect way to cheers the night away!
The best part about this amaretto sour recipe is that its crazy simple to make too. It tastes just like you’d get at the bar, only cheaper!
I can honestly say that this is one of the best amaretto sour recipes I’ve tried. Each one I’ve tried has been for research purposes only (of course)! 😉
Amaretto Sour Ingredients
- Amaretto: Amaretto is a sweet liquor that comes from Italy. It has a nutty almond flavor which can vary depending on the brand you use. You can also use homemade amaretto in this recipe. If you don’t like amaretto you could substitute whiskey instead.
- Sweet and Sour Mix: This gives the drink that familiar citrus taste it is known for: part sweet, and part sour. Look for it in the mixers section of your grocery store. You can It is great to keep on hand for a variety of cocktails. On the other hand, you can easily make it at home with lemons, limes, and simple syrup.
- Sprite: Any lemon lime soda will work here, Sprite is just my favorite.
How To Make An Amaretto Sour
- Fill glass with ice. Combine amaretto and sour mix.
- Pour into glass. Top off with Sprite.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make It Non-Alcoholic?
You totally can. Just use the sour mix and top off with some sprite.This makes the drink kid friendly, or great for those who don’t drink alcohol like expectant Mom’s.
How Strong Is This Drink?
Containing one serving of alcohol, this cocktail is considered on standard drink. The effects of alcohol will be different on every person so always be sure to drink responsibly. I will say though that it’s also one of those drinks to keep your eye on because it tastes so good you really do forget that there is any alcohol in it at all!
Amaretto Sour Drink Variations:
- Add orange juice to make a it an amaretto stone sour.
- Use another alcohol like whiskey instead of amaretto.
- Make it boozier with a splash of vodka or rum.
More Great Cocktails:
- 3 Ounces Amaretto
- 2 Ounces Sweet and Sour Mix
- Cherries and Orange Slices For Garnish, If Desired
What do you think of this Amaretto Sour recipe?