Bright fruity flavors come together with ultra-smooth rum in this Bahama Mama drink. Your new favorite summer cocktail, these go down easy!
I love fruity summer cocktails like the Hurricane ,Strawberry Daiquiris and of course this Bahama mama. It is a true treat to your taste buds with lots of fruity flavors. We like to enjoy them sitting on the porch after a long day or when relaxing by the pool.
Imagine coming home after a long day’s work and having this beauty waiting and ready to enjoy? One little sip and all the stresses of the day just melt away. It has just enough alcohol without being too strong.
It’s a little bit sweet but certainly has an edge. This is just the way I like my summer drinks. Here’s to the best summer ever!
If you’re looking for a super simple and delicious adult beverage, don’t overlook the Bahama Mama. With just a few ingredients, you’ll be sitting on your back porch sipping in delight in no time at all!s It is certain to become your new favorite drink for summer BBQs.
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Dark Rum: When it comes to creating the perfect Bahama Mama drink, using the right rum is key I like using dark rum here. It is aged longer and has a richer flavor.
- Coconut Rum: This takes the recipe over the top by adding some tropical flavor. Coconut rum also goes great in my frozen pina coladas.
- Lime Juice: Use fresh squeezed lime juice for the best results.
- Grenadine: Grenadine is a non-alcoholic bar syrup that adds a gorgeous red color and sweet flavor. and a combination taste of sweet and tangy. It was originally made with pomegranates. I used store bought, but homemade would be yummy too. It gives our Bahama Mama cocktail a beautiful color and helps balance out the taste as well. Left over grenadine? Use it in my tequila sunrise or shirley temple recipes.
How To Make a Bahama Mama Cocktail
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Pour in orange juice, pineapple juice, dark rum, coconut rum, lime juice, and grenadine.
- Garnish with pineapple or maraschino cherries if desired.
- Non Alcoholic: It’s a good idea to always have a non-alcoholic option to offer at parties. All you need to do is leave out the rum. I also like to add some coconut simple syrup or extract for that tropical flavor.
- Frozen: All you need to do is add in some crushed ice chips, throw into a blender,and watch as you turn it into the frozen drink hit of the summer!
- Add Coffee Liqueur: The traditional version includes a dash of coffee liqueur for a unique flavor twist.
- Pitcher or Punch: The best part about this recipe is that as long as you keep the ratios the same you can make as many servings as you need. To serve a large group I’d suggest about 3 cups each of juice to 1-1.5 cups of alcohol.
More Easy Drinks:
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice.
- Pour in orange juice, pineapple juice, dark rum, coconut rum, and lime juice. Add grenadine to taste.
- If desired, garnish with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries. Cheers! Drink responsibly.