Bahama Mama: Bright fruity flavors combine with ultra smooth rum. Your new favorite summer cocktail, these go down easy!
The bahama mama is the perfect sippable drink for summer. It is a true treat to your taste buds with lots of fruity flavors. We like to enjoy them sitting on the porch after a long day.
Imagine coming home after a long day’s work and having this beauty waiting and ready to enjoy? One little sip and all the stresses of the day just melt away. This easy Bahama Mama cocktail has just enough alcohol without being too strong.
It’s a little bit sweet but certainly has an edge. This is just the way I like my summer drinks.Here’s to the best summer ever!
This Bahama Mama recipe is certain to become your new favorite drink for summer BBQs.
Related: Hurricane Cocktail
Bahama Mama Ingredients
- Orange Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Dark Rum: When it comes to creating the perfect Bahama Mama drink, using the right rum is key I like using dark rum here. It is aged longer and has a richer flavor.
- Coconut Rum: This takes the recipe over the top by adding some tropical flavor. Coconut rum also goes great in my frozen pina coladas.
- Lime Juice: Use fresh squeezed lime juice for the best results.
- Grenadine: Grenadine is a non-alcoholic bar syrup that adds a gorgeous red color and sweet flavor. and a combination taste of sweet and tangy. It was originally made with pomegranates. I used store bought, but homemade would be yummy too. It gives our Bahama Mama cocktail a beautiful color and helps balance out the taste as well. Left over grenadine? Use it in my tequila sunrise or shirley temple recipes.
Bahama Mama Recipe
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Pour in orange juice, pineapple juice, dark rum, coconut rum, lime juice, and grenadine.
- Garnish with pineapple or maraschino cherries if desired.
Bahama Mama Drink Variations
- Non Alcoholic: It’s a good idea to always have a non-alcoholic option to offer at parties. All you need to do is leave out the rum. I also like to add some coconut simple syrup or extract for that tropical flavor.
- Frozen: Who wouldn’t love a nice cold frozen Bahama Mama? All you need to do is add in some crushed ice chips, throw into a blender ,and watch as you turn it into the frozen drink hit of the summer!
- Add Coffee Liqueur: The traditional version includes a dash of coffee liqueur for a unique flavor twist.
- Bahama Mama Pitcher or Punch: The best part about this recipe is that as long as you keep the ratios the same you can make as many servings as you need. To serve a large group I’d suggest about 3 cups each of juice to 1-1.5 cups of alcohol.
- 2 Ounces Orange Juice
- 1 Ounce Pineapple Juice
- 1 Ounce Dark Rum
- 1/2 Ounce Coconut Rum
- 1/2 Ounce Lime Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- 1 Splash Grenadine, To Taste
- Pineapple and Maraschino Cherries, If Desired For Garnish
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice.
- Pour in orange juice, pineapple juice, dark rum, coconut rum, and lime juice. Add grenadine to taste.
- If desired, garnish with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries. Cheers! Drink responsibly.
If you’re looking for a super simple and delicious adult beverage, don’t overlook the Bahama Mama. With just a few ingredients, you’ll be sitting on your back porch sipping in delight in no time at all!
What do you think of this Bahama mama recipe? What is your favorite summer cocktail?