Fireball Cupcakes: Boozy chocolate cinnamon cupcakes topped with a fluffy Fireball buttercream. If you like Fireball, you’ve got to try these cupcakes!
Looking for a unique cupcake recipe? These Fireball Cupcakes are out of this world. Full of cinnamon flavor, these cupcakes are going to be a hit! Great for Father’s Day, Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties, and of course birthdays.
If you have a fireball lover in your life you need to make these!
Fireball Cupcake Ingredients
For the Cinnamon Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cake Mix: We’ll doctor it up to make it taste like homemade.
- Butter: Use butter instead of oil to make a boxed cake taste homemade.
- Whole Milk: Use milk instead of water for an ultra moist cake.
- Fireball Whisky: Fireball has a strong cinnamon flavor reminiscent of atomic fireball candies. Coming in at 33% alcohol, or 66 proof, Fireball refers to itself “tastes like heaven, burns like hell”.
For the Fireball Buttercream
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream: Add just enough to reach your desired consistency.
- Fireball Whisky
How To Make Fireball Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- Prep Work: Preheat oven and line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Make Batter: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bake: Fill liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake for ~21 minutes. Cool completely.
For the Fireball Frosting
- In a large bowl, mix all frosting ingredients.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Get Drunk Off of Fireball Cupcakes?
Some of the alcohol burns off while making these Fire Whiskey Cupcakes. However, it will not all burn off. We also use a little bit in the frosting too. there is alcohol left in the cupcakes. That being said, you would need to eat a lot of Fireball cupcakes in order to get drunk off them.
How To Store Cupcakes
Store Fireball cupcakes, at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Avoid storing in the fridge as they’ll dry out faster.
How Can I Tell When Cupcakes Are Done
In order to see if the cupcakes are done, touch the top of the cupcakes. If the top of the cupcake sinks, the cupcakes need more time. If the top springs back, the cupcakes are done baking. Another way to see if cupcakes are done baking is to poke a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are ready. If the tooth pick contains raw batter, bake for a few more minutes.
More Boozy Desserts
For the Cinnamon Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 Box Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ,and line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, fireball whisky, ground cinnamon, eggs and milk until smooth.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the cupcake liners. Fill them ~3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
For the Cinnamon Frosting
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and whisky until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes. Top with a cinnamon candy if desired.
What do you think of these Fireball Cupcakes?