Cheesecake Salad: Juicy fruit and rich cheesecake filling come together in this fun side dish. Quick to make and always the first thing gone at at picnics!
Anytime I hear the word salad, I automatically think of green lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and dressing piled high on top. Yuck, we are not veggie fans around here! 🙂 I think it’s also safe to say this Cheesecake Fruit Salad is my kind of salad.
Creamy cheesecake and juicy fruit come together in this dish that is SO easy to make. Make ti even easier by using frozen fruit so you don’t have to wash/slice it.
Who wouldn’t want a giant bowl full of this berry cheesecake salad that tastes like it came straight out of grandma’s kitchen? I know that this is one dessert that I can see myself eating and enjoying all year long. It is especially perfect for picnics and holidays like the 4th of July!
Have fun making this yummy recipe. People always beg for the recipe!
What is Cheesecake Salad?
Cheesecake salad is just a mixture of fresh berries and cheesecake filling – all just waiting to be enjoyed. This dessert is a great way to end a meal or start your morning if you’re adventurous on eating dessert for breakfast like I am. It is heaven in a bowl!
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad Ingredients
- Cream Cheese: Make sure it is softened.
- Cool Whip: I love Cool Whip, but you can also use fresh whipped cream if you’d prefer.
- Strawberries: Fresh or frozen fruit will work great.
How To Make Cheesecake Salad
- Make the base: Combine cream cheese and sugar. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Fold in berries, and enjoy!
Cheesecake Fruit Salad Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make It Ahead?
You can! In fact, it’s one of those recipes that might have a bit more flavor if you do! Just a few hours ahead of time will be sufficient. You don’t want to make it too far ahead of time, or the fruit may get soggy.
2. Can You Use Frozen Berries?
Absolutely. If you’re worried that you don’t have enough fresh berries, don’t fret. Just use some frozen ones that you have at home! It still gives a great taste packed full of healthy benefits. In addition, frozen fruit can help you save time with washing and slicing the berries.
3. Can You Use Whipped Cream Instead of Cool Whip?
This is another yes! (I’m just handing them out today!) If you have whipped cream, you can use that instead. Just make certain to taste test as you go along to see if you need to add any extra sugar.
4. How Long Does It Last?
In the fridge, it will last about 2-3 days. It never lasts that long around my house!
5. Can You Freeze It?
Technically, you can freeze this cheesecake fruit salad, but I don’t think it would be the best idea. Because the texture will change, I would suggest not freezing it.
- Mandarin Oranges: Use 2 cans of mandarin oranges instead.
- Tropical: Use canned pineapple, and sweetened coconut.
- Peaches and Cream: Use fresh peaches.
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 8 Ounces Cool Whip Thawed
- 3 Cups Strawberries Sliced
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Fold in strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Enjoy!
What do you think of this cheesecake salad recipe? What is your favorite summer side dish?