Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes: Moist chocolate cupcakes topped with creamy peppermint buttercream and a decadent chocolate drizzle. Your favorite holiday coffee in cupcake form!
I promised myself I wouldn’t post any Christmasy recipes on the blog until after Thanksgiving.
I know, I know Thanksgiving is Thursday right?! Wrong!
Technically, we celebrated Thanksgiving this Saturday. So full steam ahead? Has anyone else been listening to Christmas music already? I’ve nearly memorized all the songs on our Christmas TV channel! 😀
Currently stuck in my head? C’mon everybody to Santa’s Clauses Party! -hums- If Santa was having a party, I bet these would be on the menu!
These Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes are like your favorite holiday coffee house beverage in cupcake form! They start out with a moist homemade peppermint mocha cupcake. Then they’re topped with creamy peppermint vanilla buttercream and a decadent chocolate drizzle.
Festive Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
They’re perfect for Christmas, but don’t require any special ingredients (or equipment) so they can be made year round.
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
For the Mocha Cupcakes
- ½ Cup Butter
- 2 Ounces Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¾ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt To Taste
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
For the Vanilla Peppermint Buttercream
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Pinch of Salt To Taste
- 4 Ounces Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate Melted
- 2 Candy Canes Crushed
For the Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- To butter mixture, whisk in eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, buttermilk, vanilla, and peppermint extracts.
- Stir in cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir in flour a little at a time until just combined, do not overmix.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
For The Vanilla Peppermint Buttercream
- Beat butter until light and creamy. Add vanilla & peppermint extracts and salt. Add powdered sugar a little at a time alternating with heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency.
- <b> Putting it all together </b>
- Pipe or spread frosting on top of cupcakes. Top with crushed candy canes, and drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes adapted via Sally’s Baking Addiction
Craving more Cupcakes?
Perfect Peppermint Recipes from Blogs I Heart:
Peppermint Gooey Bars via Crazy For Crust
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake via Grandbaby Cakes
Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Fudge via Inside Bru Crew Life
What do you think of these Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes? What does your family usually serve for Christmas Dessert?