Growing up I was that weird kid. You know the one. I had to go inside and microwave my hot dog or marshmallow instead of roasting it to a crisp over the camp fire.
Have you ever made a Smore in the microwave? When you place the second graham cracker on top, the filling often oozes out onto the plate. I always try my best to scoop this up with my graham crackers. I’m not about to let chocolate go to waste!
This gave me the idea to make a Smores Dip. As we welcome Fall tomorrow, let’s enjoy one last taste of summer!
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 8 Large Marshmallows
- Broken Graham Crackers For Dipping
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add chocolate chips to an oven safe cast iron skillet. Cut the marshmallows in half. (I've found the easiest way to do this is using greased kitchen shears but your fingers will work too!). Place on top of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Serve with graham crackers for dipping.
Other dipping ideas for your Smores Dip:
Pound Cake Cubes
Short bread cookies
Decadent Dessert Dips from Blogger Friends:
Peanut Butter Football Dip via Crazy For Crust
Cherry Chocolate Chip Dip via Inside Bru Crew Life
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip via Lauren’s Latest
Cinnamon Toffee Cheesecake Dip via Sally’s Baking Addiction
What do you think of this Smores Dip?