Tangy pineapple juice and smooth rum come together in this fun fishbowl drink. The best summer cocktail ever!
Serve with our mermaid cupcakes and a beach-themed party.
Looking for the perfect cocktail for your next party? I love fruity drinks like this Sangria Margarita, and this Tequila Sunrise. You need to make this Fish Bowl Drink. Just like it sounds, this drink looks like fish bowl complete with fish, well Swedish Fish that is. This is a fun drink that is perfect for any occasion, especially when you want to impress your guests. It is a show stopper! It has amazing tropical flavors, and goes down so easy! It reminds me of the islands or being on vacation.
It could basically be your center piece!
This recipe is a showstopper and a keeper you’ll make again and again.
- Pineapple Rum: Pineapple rum is exactly like it sounds. It is a traditional rum that is flavored with pineapple. It is a little, sweet and not as harsh as a traditional rum. I used Barcardi in this recipe.
- Blue Curacao: Blue Curacao is a popular liqueur that is blue in color and citrusy in flavor. The flavor of this liqueur comes from Laraha citrus fruit and the blue color comes from food dye. It has a fruity flavor and is often compared to Triple Sec.
- Pineapple Peach Limeade: I used the brand Calypso found at Walmart. If you can’t find this regular limeade may be used instead.
- Pineapple Juice: Look for this in the juice aisle near the other bottled beverages.
- Sprite: Any lemon lime soda can be used here such as Sierra Mist or 7 Up.
How To Make A Fish Bowl Drink
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, combine juices and liquors.
- Fill bowl with ice and garnishes.
- Top off with Sprite. Enjoy responsibly!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Double This Recipe?
Large party? You can certainly double it.Just increase all of the measurements. You can make a large batch of this cocktail and serve it in punch bowl if you’d prefer.
Do I Have To Use A Fish Bowl?
While this drink is traditionally served in a fish bowl, it doesn’t have to be. You can substitute any glass. If you want to keep the same fun look, you will want to use a clear glass. A short wide glass will have the best appearance if possible.
- Coconut: Use coconut rum in place of the pineapple rum or a tropical twist.
- Booze It Up: Add vodka as well. Regular, or flavored for work. Any fruity flavor would be a delicious addition.
- Make It Non Alcoholic: Follow our Ocean Water for a non alcoholic version perfect for kids or baby showers.
More Fun Drinks To Try
Fish Bowl Drink
- In a cocktail shaker, or mason jar combine pineapple juice, limeade, pineapple juice, blue curacao, and limeade.
- Fill fish bowl with ice. Add in lemon/lime slices, and Swedish fish if using. Pour in juice/liquor mixture.
- Top off with Sprite, and gently stir. Enjoy responsibly!