Sonic Ocean Water Recipe
Sonic Ocean Water Recipe: The most gorgeous and refreshing summer drink around! The perfect non alcoholic drink for picnics or the Fourth of July.
Looking for an easy non alcoholic drink for Summer? Look no further! This Sonic Ocean Water recipe is perfect! It’s subtle tropical flavor and gorgeous blue color make it perfect for sipping poolside! Love blue? Check out my Blue Margaritas too! It would also be a hit for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, or any summer picnic.
Sonic Ocean Water
Sonic has a plethora of refreshing beverages. Cherry Limeade, Milkshakes, and let’s not forget their Slushies. However, my all time favorite has to be the Sonic Ocean Water drink.
What Is Ocean Water?
Ocean water gets its name because of its beautiful blue color. Doesn’t it just remind you of bright blue waves? I’ll admit Ocean Water is kind of a weird name. Anyone who has ever been to the beach knows it is not something you want to get in your mouth!
Luckily our ocean water recipe resembles ocean water in looks only. This bright blue beverage has a bright lemon lime flavor with a coconut backdrop.
What Is In An Ocean Water?
Wondering what is in this delicious blue drink? You only need 5 common ingredients.
- Water: An Ocean Water drink needs water Duh!
- White Sugar
- Coconut Extract: This is found in the spice aisle near the Vanilla. I know a teaspoon doesn’t sound like much, but take it easy with this stuff. It it very strong, and a little goes a long way.Die hard coconut fan? Start with 1 teaspoon, and add more to taste. You can always add more, but you can’t take it out!
- Lemon Lime Soda: Sprite is my favorite soda ,and I always have it in the house. (You’d think I wouldn’t drink sugar when I eat it all day, but nom nom slurp slurp). Any bubbly soda would work fine here though like Sierra Mist ,or 7 Up.
- Blue Food Coloring: This is optional, but very highly encouraged. It isn’t ocean water if it isn’t blue!
I also like to serve mine with ice. Swedish Fish are also super cute and fun especially for kids!
Want to turn kick it up a notch? Try replacing the coconut extract with a shot (or 2!) of coconut rum! I won’t tell! 😉
How To Make Ocean Water
This ocean water recipe is so easy to make. In fact, I be you can whip it up in your own kitchen faster than the rollerskating waitresses can bring it to your car!
Maybe I should prepare it while wearing roller skates.
First, we’re going to make the easiest simple syrup ever. All you need is a microwave safe bowl,and equal parts sugar/water.
Then I like to mix in the other 3 ingredients in a punch bowl. This recipe makes two drinks but can easily by doubled, tripled, or turned into a party punch!
Finally, I serve mine in a tall glass full of ice. It tastes just as refreshing as it looks! Cheers!
Fun Ocean Water Variation
This easy recipe can easily be customized to suit your tastes. Here is one I’ve tried:
- Pineapple Extract: Not a fan of coconut? Feel free to swap out the coconut extract for another of your choice. Pineapple is my favorite because it gives me the same tropical summer vibe.
I’m going to be making this Sonic Ocean Water a lot as our local Sonic went out of business! 🙁 It was actually replaced by a Starbucks which is kind of disappointing. There is a Starbucks on every corner around here. However, happy hour and cheesy tots are harder to come by. I’m so glad I have this Ocean Water Copycat recipe!
Copycat Sonic Ocean Water Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JV0TXNU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00JV0TXNU&linkCode=as2&tag=bakingbeauty-20&linkId=772ad5a418bebcafe52b670337d80d49">Coconut Extract</a>
- 2 12 Once Cans of Lemon Lime Soda (I used Sprite)
- <a rel="nofollow" href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OGD2RK/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B008OGD2RK&linkCode=as2&tag=bakingbeauty-20&linkId=a9959a69df08f47f6650ce60db86000c">Blue Food Coloring </a>
- In a small <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CF41U/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0000CF41U&linkCode=as2&tag=bakingbeauty-20&linkId=6d9e690919b011e7ad78a8645d6d4c50">microwave safe bowl </a> stir water and sugar together. Heat for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a pitcher or <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078W1FVBN/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B078W1FVBN&linkCode=as2&tag=bakingbeauty-20&linkId=de9bc0b5e9b3f523ccbfef0d3656a5a2">punch bowl.</a> Stir in soda, coconut extract, and food coloring.
- Serve over ice.
Adapted via: Fake Ginger
You may also enjoy:
Summer Drinks from Blogs I heart:
Midori Martini via Crazy For Crust
Sweet Tea Slushies via Shugary Sweets
Smore Latte via Inside Bru Crew Life
What do you think of this Sonic Ocean Water Recipe? What’s your go to Sonic drink?