Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes with sherbet baked right into the batter and a rainbow swirled frosting on top! Your favorite summer childhood treat in cupcake form!
I’ve always believed that good food is meant to be shared.
Case in point: In elementary school towards the end of the year we’d get free popsicles, ice cream sandwiches, and cups of rainbow sherbet. This was back in the stone age when sugar was still allowed in school. We also didn’t have air conditioning. THE HORROR! It’s a miracle I’m sitting here today.
I always tried to tote these home in my lunchbox to share with my Grandma and Grandpa.
I didn’t think the yummy treat should be enjoyed by myself, I wanted to share the taste with them too! Of course the only thing I ended up bringing home was a melted mess! 🙂
I also believe good desserts like these cupcakes deserved to be shared! (& if I don’t get them out of my house soon, I’ll eat them all!!).
Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Melted Rainbow Sherbet I melted mine in the microwave
For the Frosting
- Duncan Hines Flavor Creations Packets in Strawberry Shortcake Orange Creamsicle, and Key Lime (1 of each)
- 8 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Heavy Cream
- 8 Tablespoons Butter Softened
For the Sherbet Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir cake mix, eggs, and sherbet together. Stir in flour until just combined.
- Fill liners ~¾ of the way full with batter. Bake 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For the Frosting
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in milk and powdered sugar alternating a little at a time.
- Divide into 3 different bowls. Stir one flavor packet into each bowl.
- Pipe or spread individually or swirl together if desired.
Adapted via: House of Yumm
Summer Cupcakes from Blogs I Heart:
Ice Cream Cupcakes via Crazy For Crust
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes via Shugary Sweets
Skinny Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes via Amy’s Healthy Baking
What do you think of these Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes?