Lasagna Fritta aka Deep Fried Lasagna
Lasagna Fritta aka Deep Fried Lasagna: Creamy lasagna wrapped in an ultra crunchy batter. Just when you thought lasagna couldn’t get any better!
So in case you haven’t noticed, I’m a little different…
Can I get points for topping it with something green? And dipping it in tomato sauce? I mean come on this thing is practically a salad.
Dig in with me! Creamy on the inside, crunchy on the outside. SO many good layers of flavor.
- 10 Lasagna Noodles, Cooked until al Dente
- 1 15 Ounce Container Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Eggs, Beaten and Divided
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- ¼ Cup Parsley, Finely Chopped (Optional)
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Italian Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- Marinara Sauce, For Serving If Desired
- Cook lasagna noodles in a pot of salted boiling water according to the package directions for al dente. Grease baking sheet, set aside.
- Place noodles flat onto prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese egg, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined.
- Spread ricotta mixture evenly over all 10 noodles. Fold each noodle 3-4 times until it resembles a square. Freeze for 30-45 minutes.
- Set up 3 small bowls containing the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Dip square noodles into flour, eggs, and finally breadcrumbs.
- Heat around 1½ inches of oil in a deep skillet. Heat over medium heat until oil reaches ~350 degrees F. You'll know it's ready when a drop of water sizzles with you add it to the pan.
- Add lasagna bites 3-4 at a time into the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all are cooked.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Lasagna Fritta aka Deep Fried Lasagna adapted via Delish
Deep Fried Lasagna Tips:
- Don’t skip freezing the lasagna bites. I know you want them NOW, but they will melt/explode if the cheese isn’t cold enough.
- Don’t crowd your skillet, work in batches until all are fried. The oil will stay hot, and your lasagna will stay crispier!
Appetizers from Blogs I Heart:
- Blackened Shrimp Nachos via Grandbaby Cakes
- Coney Island Dip via Averie Cooks
- Crawfish Dip via Fake Ginger
What do you think of this fried lasagna (lasagna fritta) recipe?