Cherry Pie Bars: Buttery pie crust topped with cherries and a sweet glaze.
Bars are so much easier to make than pie. Some of ours favorites are pumpkin pie bars, Strawberry Shortcake Bars, and of course these cherry pie bars.I’ve never posted a pie recipe before. Not because I don’t bake them, but because they’re never “pretty”. They usually taste good, but they look like a hot mess.
Yeah I’m talking about you ugly crust pumpkin pie and boiled over apple pie. They might be okay for family, but they’re not something I’d want to take to a party or show off on the blog.
However, these Cherry Pie Bars are nearly impossible to mess up! They make a great treat for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or just because!
More Cherry Recipes To Try
Cherry Pie Bars
For the Crust
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 ¾ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 21 oz Cherry Pie Filling
For the Glaze
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Spray a 13x9 pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in salt, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time. Gradually stir in flour a little at a time.
- Press ½ of dough into a thin layer in your prepared pan. Top with pie filling.
- Drop remaining batter over filling using a tablespoon.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Whisk together all glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cooled bars.
Cherry Recipes from Bloggers I Heart :
Cherry Bread with Cherry Almond Glaze via Averie Cooks
Sour Cherry Pie via Tastes of Lizzy T
Chocolate Cherry Pie Bars via Crazy for Crust
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies via Inside Bru Crew Life
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheeseball via Shugary Sweets