Watermelon Cupcakes: Sink your teeth into these cupcakes that look and taste just like a watermelon! They’re the cutest and most delicious summer cupcakes around.
Looking for a cute but easy summer dessert for picnics? Consider my Watermelon Cupcakes.
They have a wonderful watermelon flavor. They’re also studded with chocolate chips and topped with green buttercream frosting to resemble an actual watermelon! nomnom!
- For the Watermelon Cupcakes
- 1 Box of White Cake Mix + Ingredients Called For On The Package
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Package of Watermelon Jello
- Red and Yellow Food Coloring
- For The Buttercream Frosting
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- For The Cupcakes
- Preheat oven and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Prepare batter according to package directions. Stir in jello mix. Stir in red food coloring. Stir in a little yellow food coloring until you reach your desired shade of pink.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake liners ~2/3 of the way full and bake according to package directions.
- For the Frosting
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time. Add milk as needed.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
Summer Cupcakes from Blogs I Heart:
Summer Teddy Graham Cupcakes via Tastes of Lizzy T
Strawberry Sunday Cupcakes via Life Love Sugar
Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
What do you think of these Watermelon Cupcakes?