Moist chocolate cupcakes topped with a thick fudgy chocolate frosting and decorated to look like a grill.
When it comes to cupcake decorating I have the skills of a 3 year old (okay fine a 2 1/2 year old). I’m not great at piping. And you can forget about fondant!
Basic Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 4 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate Roughly Chopped
- 3 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- Coarse White Sugar
- Hot Tamales
- Black Decorating Gel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl whisk your dry ingredients together (cocoa powder, flour, baking soda/powder, and salt) just until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix sugars, eggs, oil, and vanilla, and buttermilk. Gradually add dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Ladle batter into lined pan (fill around 1/2 way full). Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (stirring frequently).
- Once melted add vanilla and milk. Gradually stir in powdered sugar.
- Spread frosting on cupcakes. Dust with sugar. Draw horizontal lines using the decorating gel.
- Top with 2-3 hot tamales. Draw additional grill marks if desired.
Cupcakes Adapted Via: Sally’s Baking Addiction
You may also enjoy:
Other Chocolate Cupcakes from Bloggers I Love:
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache via Averie Cooks
Thick Homemade Chocolate Sauce via Crazy For Crust
Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting via Grandbaby Cakes
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake via Inside Bru Crew Life
Chocolate Pots De Creme with Earl Grey Cream via Butter and Brioche