Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes: Chocolate cupcakes topped with decadent peanut frosting and a chocolate drizzle. Your favorite candy in cupcake form!
I love peanut butter! I eat it on toast for breakfast, on sandwiches for lunch, and
straight out of the jar for a late night snack!
If you love peanut butter too, you’ll go crazy for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes! They include a surprise Reese’s Cup right in the center.
Best of all these Reeses Cupcakes they’re topped off with a rich peanut butter frosting and a chocolate drizzle. The frosting contains 1 whole CUP of peanut butter! It tastes just like peanut butter only better!
More Cupcakes To Try
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix + Ingredients Called For on the Box
- 32 Unwrapped Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Syrup If Desired
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Prepare cupcake batter according to the box directions.
- Fill cupcake liners ~¾ of the way full.
- Gently place a Reese's cup into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For the Peanut Butter Buttercream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Add milk as needed if the frosting gets too thick.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto each cupcake.
- Garnish with 12 remaining peanut butter cups and chocolate syrup if desired.
Craving more cupcakes?
Reeses Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Peanut Butter Cake Roll via Crazy For Crust
No Bake Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecake via Life Love Sugar
Frozen Peanut Butter Pie via Grandbaby Cakes
What do you think of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes?