Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles: Creamy peanut butter and crunchy oreos coated in rich chocolate. Super easy and no bake!
Whoa there, what are you doing?
You can’t just alter the buckeye recipe. I seriously thought this recipe was going to give Mom a coronary.
You don’t have to replace your classic Christmas candy recipe, but I think you’ll want to try these Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles at least once. They have a rich oreo center, that is covered in creamy peanut butter. Then they are dipped into rich milk chocolate.
I like using semi sweet chips because the filling in these Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles is already very sweet. However, milk chocolate or dark chocolate would also work just fine.
- 20 Double Stuf Oreos
- ½ Cup Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1½ Cups Semi Sweet Milk Chocolate Chips
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. (Parchment paper would also work fine.)
- Place oreos in a large plastic bag. Finely crush using a rolling pin. (You could also use a food processor if you have one, I don't).
- Cream, cream cheese until smooth. Stir in oreo crumbs until combined.
- Use greased hands to roll the oreo cream cheese mixture into ~24 balls. Place on prepared tray, and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter ,butterand powdered sugar until smooth.
- Wrap peanut butter around each oreo ball. Then roll into a ball. Do not dip oreos into the peanut butter or you'll end up with crumbs in your peanut butter.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate until smooth, stirring frequently. Mine took 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Insert a toothpick into the peanut butter oreo ball. Dip into chocolate until completely coated.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until set. Store in the refrigerator.
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles adapted via Sweetest Menu
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles Shopping Tip:
- I used Double Stuf oreos, just because they’re the ones I enjoy eating the most. However, if you want to be super decadent try the peanut butte or mega stuf variety!
Craving more candy?
Oreo Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake via Crazy For Crust
Oreo Cookie Cake via Life Love Sugar
Oreo Smoothie via Grandbaby Cakes
What do you think of these Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles?