Crispy Hashbrown Burger
Crispy Hashbrown Burger: Ultra crispy hashbrowns wrapped around a juicy burger. Forget fries and get your potato fix wrapped about your burger patty!
There is something so delicious about hash browns. That crispy exterior combined with a fluffy center is simply the best thing ever. They’re yummy for breakfast, lunch and especially dinner.
We often eat burgers and fries for dinner. Now you can have your burger and potatoes in one hand! This amazing hash brown burger is a glorious take on the hash bun trend. Does hashtag hashbun sound wrong? If it is, I don’t want to right! #hashbun!
Using Hungry Jack’s yummy Black Pepper & Onion Hash Brown Mix I’ve created a filling and incredibly flavorful burger bun. When I think of hashbrowns, the first word that comes to mind is “bland”. However, these Black Pepper and Onion are anything but! They are so flavorful right out of the package fried up on a skillet too!
Eager to try this flavor? Click here to find a store located near you: Hungry Jack store locator.
I also can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to use frozen hashbrowns for dinner, but forgot to thaw them! No thawing needed with these ,you just rehydrate them for ~12 minutes in the container. The drain and done!
This hashbrown burger was a major crowd pleaser that was gobbled up faster than you can say ‘Thanks Hungry Jack!’.
To celebrate Hashbrowns for dinner Hungry Jack is giving away hashbrowns, a trip and more! Enter here: Hungry Jack giveaway.
Crispy Hashbrown Burger
- 2 Boxes Hungry Jack Onion & Black Pepper Hash Brown Mix
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 lb Ground Beef I used 80/20
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 Tsp Brown Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Prepare the hash brown mixture with hot water according to package directions.
- While the hash brown mixture rehydrates, slice onions into rings and place in pan with olive oil, black pepper, salt and sugar. Cooker over low heat until caramelized.
- Beat 4 eggs until well-beaten. Combine with cheddar cheese.
- Once the hash browns are rehydrated, strain them and press out any excess liquid.
- Combine hash brown mixture with egg mixture until well-mixed.
- Fill a flat-bottomed fry pan with vegetable oil until it is around 1/2 an inch in depth. Heat until it spits when a drop of water is flicked in it. On a gas stove, this will be medium heat.
- Place egg rings in oil and then place a 2-inch diameter ball of the hash brown mixture into them. Press down until the 'bun' is flat and fills the ring. Allow to cook for around 30 seconds before pulling out the egg ring.
- Cook until they are golden brown at the edges. Carefully flip them to cook on the other side. It should take around 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While the last buns are cooking, heat your cast iron skillet and cook your burger patties (shaped by the egg rings as well) until your preferred level of 'doneness'.
- When all patties and hash brown buns are cooked assemble with caramelized onions and ketchup.
Hashbrown Burger roughly adapted via: Foodbeast
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.