Lady Bug Party Pretzels
Lady Bug Party Pretzels: Cute and easy chocolate lady bug pretzels. Easy for kids to make and perfect for parties!
Normally I am terrified of bugs. I am totally that person that screams when they see a spider outside. I’ve also been known to wake up my housemates at 11 PM if there’s one inside! WHAT?! You want me to kill it?
However, even if you’re bug phobic like me you won’t be able to resist these little cuties. They come together in just a few minutes using common baking staples.
If you don’t want to make a craft store run you could surely use more mini chocolate chips instead of the candy pearls.
- 24 Mini Pretzels
- 1 Cup Red Candy Melting Chips
- 24 Brown M&M Candies
- 48 Candy Eyes OR 48 Mini White Chocolate Chips
- 96 Black Candy Pearls
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Lay pretzels on prepared cookie sheet.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt red melting chips for 30-60 seconds until smooth. Stir frequently. Cool slightly.
- Spoon or pipe into the inside of pretzels. Smooth with your finger if needed.
- Place 1 brown M&M on the rounded pretzel end for the lady bug head.
- Add 4 pearls to each pretzel for the lady bug's spots.
- Add 2 candy eyes or white chocolate chips to each pretzel for the lady bug's eyes.
- Place pretzels in the fridge for 30-60 minutes or until set.
Looking for more Spring Treats?
Lady Bug Inspired Desserts From Blogs I Heart:
Ladybug Appetizers via Frosted Fingers
Lady Bug Cupcakes via This Week For Dinner
What do you think of these lady bug party pretzels?