Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles(Last Updated On: June 11, 2019)
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles: Creamy peanut butter and crunchy oreos coated in rich chocolate. Super easy and no bake!
Whoa there, what are you doing?
You can’t just alter the buckeye recipe. I seriously thought this recipe was going to give Mom a coronary. 🙂
You don’t have to replace your classic Christmas candy recipe, but I think you’ll want to try these Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles at least once. They have a rich oreo center, that is covered in creamy peanut butter. Then they are dipped into rich milk chocolate. Love oreos try my oreo cake recipe too!
I like using semi sweet chips because the filling in these Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles is already very sweet. However, milk chocolate or dark chocolate would also work just fine.
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles
- 20 Double Stuf Oreos
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi Sweet Milk Chocolate Chips
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. (Parchment paper would also work fine.)
- Place oreos in a large plastic bag. Finely crush using a rolling pin. (You could also use a food processor if you have one, I don't).
- Cream, cream cheese until smooth. Stir in oreo crumbs until combined.
- Use greased hands to roll the oreo cream cheese mixture into ~24 balls. Place on prepared tray, and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter ,butterand powdered sugar until smooth.
- Wrap peanut butter around each oreo ball. Then roll into a ball. Do not dip oreos into the peanut butter or you'll end up with crumbs in your peanut butter.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate until smooth, stirring frequently. Mine took 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Insert a toothpick into the peanut butter oreo ball. Dip into chocolate until completely coated.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until set. Store in the refrigerator.
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles adapted via Sweetest Menu
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles Shopping Tip:
- I used Double Stuf oreos, just because they’re the ones I enjoy eating the most. However, if you want to be super decadent try the peanut butte or mega stuf variety!
Craving more candy?
Oreo Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake via Crazy For Crust
Oreo Cookie Cake via Life Love Sugar
Oreo Smoothie via Grandbaby Cakes
What do you think of these Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles?