Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake(Last Updated On: August 3, 2020)
Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake : Silky smooth red velvet cheesecake topped with a tangy cream cheese topping. Your favorite cake tastes even better in cheesecake form!
There is always room for improvement. For example:
- Sleeping in on a weekend morning. YAWN SNOOZE so cozy right?!. Improvement: A handsome man to take the dogs out so they don’t disturb my beauty rest at 7 A.M.
- Relaxing at the beach with a good book. Ahhh. Improvement: Quiet kid free beach, #sorrynotsorry.
- Sipping hot chocolate on a cold winter’s night. Improvement: Cookies the answer is always cookies.
Think there’s no way to improve upon red velvet cake? Think again!! Try my red velvet oreo cheesecake. It starts with a basic oreo cookie crust. The oreo crust is then topped with a decadent layer of smooth, rich red velvet cheesecake recipe. Ahh, you thought I was going to forget the cream cheese frosting there didn’t you? Tsk tsk! Think again! It is then topped with a cream cheese whipped cream!
Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
For the Oreo Cookie Crust
- 2 Cups Oreo Crumbs About 20 Oreos
- 4 Tablespoons Butter Melted
For the Filling
For the Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Canned Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Crust
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine oreos and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch greased springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cover outside of pan with 2 layers of aluminum foil.
For the Cheesecake
- Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add eggs, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and red food coloring.
- Pour into pan. Pound on counter a few times.
- Place springform pan inside another pan filled halfway with lukewarm water. (I used a roasting pan.)
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Turn heat off and leave cheesecake in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Crack open the oven door, and leave cheesecake in the oven for another 30 minutes.
For the Whipped Cream
- Whip cream in a chilled bowl until it starts to show soft peaks. Stir in powdered sugar.
- Continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Fold in cream cheese icing.
- Spread or pipe onto cheesecake.
Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake adapted via Life Love Sugar
Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake Shopping Tips:
- Use a premade oreo crust to speedy up the recipe.
- I used Duncan Hines Whipped Cream Cheese frosting (the kind in the can). I usually hate store bought frosting, but it lends the perfect flavor/texture here!
Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake Tips For Success:
- Don’t skip the water bath. I know its annoying especially if you’re a uncoordinated klutz like me. But, it really helps the cheesecake cook slowly.
- Don’t over bake your cheesecake! It is okay if there is a small spot in the center that is not set. It will firm up as the cheesecake cools.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake
What do you think of this red velvet oreo cheesecake?