Cherry sugar cookies topped with a Hershey’s Kiss. Tastes like a chocolate covered cherry, and looks gorgeous on Christmas cookie trays!
Peanut Blossoms are a favorite of so many households (including ours!). I would never dream of going a Christmas without them!
I don’t think it’s possible to improve on the original. However, this version tastes amazing and looks so festive! Serve them alongside your traditional blossoms for a colorful looking cookie tray!
More Cherry Treats:
Chocolate Cherry Blossom Cookies
- 1 Cup 2 Sticks Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Liquid
- Red Food Coloring I used Gel
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 10 Oz. Jar Maraschino Cherries
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 36 Hershey's Kisses Unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain cherries of their liquid, but be sure to reserve ~2 Teaspoons of their juice.
- Cream butter using a mixer or wooden spoon. Gradually stir in powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Stir in cherry juice, red food coloring, and vanilla
- Gradually stir in flour a little at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in cherries.
- Shape dough into ~1 inch balls. Roll in white sugar. Gently flatten using a small juice glass.
- Bake 12-15 minutes ,or until the sides are just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and immediately press a kiss into the middle of each cookie.
You may also enjoy:
Christmas goodies from blogs I love:
Peppermint Ganache Pie via Crazy for Crust
Candy Cane Fudge via Shugary Sweets
Chocolate Kiss Powderpuff Cookies via Averie Cooks
Oreo Peppermint Bark via Sing for Your Supper
Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies via Two Peas and their Pod