Copycat Cadbury Eggs Recipe(Last Updated On: March 7, 2019)
Easter was around month ago, and my candy supply is seriously starting to dwindle. It’s not a huge deal. After all you can always pick up KitKats, Peanut Butter Cups, and even expensive chocolates at the grocery store.
However, there is one thing that you can no longer buy.
Cadbury Eggs! 🙁
Why is it that Peeps are available for 324353 different holidays, but Cadbury eggs for only 2 (Easter and Halloween). Life is not fair.
There is no way I can handle craving these eggs until next year. I vowed to whip up a homemade version. It took me a few tries, but this recipe is oh so close to the original!
Copycat Cadbury Eggs Recipe
Copycat Cadbury Eggs RecipePin Recipe
- Cream butter, vanilla, and corn syrup together.
- Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- If you want the creamy/liquid center like the real Cadbury Eggs add the Invertase (They will liquify within 2-3 days). If you don't want to purchase Invertase, you can still make this recipe just fine. They'll still have the Cadbury egg flavor, it will just be more solid.
- Transfer around 1/3 of your filling to a separate bowl. Add yellow food coloring until it reaches your desired shade.
- Refrigerate white and yellow filling for around 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll yellow filling into 1 inch balls and place them on the parchment paper.
- Return yellow balls to the fridge until firm (around 30-45 minutes).
- Flatten white filling mixture into a circle. Place your yellow ball in the middle, and wrap the white around it into an egg shape. Return to parchment paper. Place in fridge or freezer until solid.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 second increments until smooth.
- With a fork, dip your eggs into the melted chocolate until covered completely.
- Return chocolate covered eggs to the parchment paper and refrigerate until set.
You May Also Enjoy:
Other homemade candies you need to check out:
Copycat Kit Kat Bites via Shugary Sweets
Homemade Butterfinger Bars via Averie Cooks
Reeses Peanut Butter Fudge via Crazy for Crust
Homemade Snickers via How Sweet it Is
Homemade Twix Bars Via A Beautiful Mess