Sparkling Watermelon Cocktail: This bubbly and refreshing, watermelon cocktail is ready in just 5 minutes! Can you guess the 4 ingredients?
As summer comes to end, I’m snapping up all my favorite summer produce. Watermelon especially is pretty eh in the off season, so I’m making sure I get my fill before it’s back to blahs-ville for the winter months.
We wanted to make one last delicious watermelon recipe before summer ended. This Sparkling Watermelon Cocktail fits the bill. It is SO refreshing yet so so easy. It only requires 4 ingredients (3 if you leave out the alcohol!) and when you take a great big gulp on a hot summer day, it’s like watermelon heaven in your mouth. Yum!
This recipe makes 2 large drinks, but you may want to double or triple it for parties/picnics! If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can put it in a hollowed out half watermelon. Why not? You’ve already got the rind from cubing up the watermelon.
Sparkling Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
Adapted via Dinners Dishes and Desserts
Sparkling Watermelon Cocktail
- 4 Cups Watermelon Cubed
- 2 Limes
- 1⅓ Cups Ginger Ale
- 3 Oz Gin Optional
- Additional Lime Wedges For Garnish If desired
- Puree your watermelon using a blender or mortar and pestle. Strait out the pulp.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice. Pour ~ ½ cup of watermelon juice into each glass.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into each glass.
- Add ~1/ ½ ounces of gin to each glass if desired. Then pour in ¾ cup of Ginger Ale into each glass. Stir well.
- Garnish with lime wedges if desired.