- 1. No more presents
- 2. Taking down the Christmas tree.
- 3. Eating the last Peanut Blossom Cookie (the last straw for me).
I like to take my mind off things with some more baking. These pink cookies taste almost like the Christmas classic.
However, the bright pink color makes them perfect for Valentines Day, Bachelorette Parties, and even birthdays.
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Shortening
- ½ Cup Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1¼ Cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Hot Pink Decorating Sugar(The kind that comes in a shaker)
- Preheat oven to 375. Mix butter, shortening, and peanut butter together.
- Baking Beauty tip: Spray your measuring cup with non stick cooking spray to help the peanut butter slide right out.
- Add white and brown sugar, egg, and milk.
- Slowly add in flour, and baking powder/soda. If you dough has trouble coming together add more milk.
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls Then roll in pink sugar. Place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake 9-10 minutes.
- Immediately top with a Hershey's Hug. Let cool 2-3 minutes on pan before moving to a wire rack.
Use a regular Hershey’s Kiss, Cherry Cordial, or Cookies and Cream Kiss for a slightly different look.
Use your favorite sugar cookie recipe instead of peanut butter dough.
What are your favorite Valentines Day eats/treats?
Recipe Adapted via:Debbie’s Sweets