Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
What is wrong with you?!?!
That is my response when my family wants me to buy ice cream in the middle of winter! I’m not sure what it is but a cool, creamy treat just doesn’t appeal to me when it’s cold. I mean do people drink hot chocolate in July?!
No they don’t!! In my opinion ice cream is a summer treat, but to each their own I supposed!
Just because I don’t crave ice cream in the middle of winter, doesn’t mean I don’t crave it’s flavors. One of my favorite ice cream flavors is Mint Chocolate Chip.
These cupcakes include a moist chocolate base topped with a fluffy buttercream that tastes AND looks like mint chocolate chip ice cream!
- For the Chocolate Cupcakes
- ⅔ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Water, Boiling
- ½ Cup Butter, Melted
- 5 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1½ Cups White Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoons Salt
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup Heavy Creamy
- 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- For the Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream
- 1½ Cups Butter, Softened
- 2 Teaspoons Mint NOT Peppermint Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Green Food Coloring, If Desired
- Pinch of Salt, To Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl mix cocoa powder and baking soda. Pour boiling water over the mixture and stir until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl mix melted butter, oil, sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs until combined. Blend in cocoa mixture and heavy cream.
- Gradually stir in flour a little at a time and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between lined cupcake bakers. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For the Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream:
- Stir butter until light and fluffy. Stir in mint and vanilla extracts.
- Gradually stir in powdered sugar a little at time, adding milk as needed.
- Stir in food coloring if desired. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop a generous amount of frosting onto the cupcakes with an ice cream scoop.
Recipe adapted via: Cooking Classy
Minty Recipes from Blogs I heart:
Andes Mint Brownies via Averie Cooks
No Bake Mint Chip Lush via Crazy for Crust
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies Bites via Shugary Sweets
Mint Smores Brownies via Inside Bru Crew Life
Loaded Leprechaun Mint Bark via Love Bakes Good Cakes