Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups Recipe(Last Updated On: March 7, 2019)
Every memorial day my family gets together for a picnic. We tend to have typical picnic/BBQ food like hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, and pasta salad.
I’m usually in charge of dessert. After a large meal we like something light that my grandma would say “just slides down”.
Last year, we really enjoyed the Patriotic Poke Cake because it was light and fruity.
I wanted to stick with something along those lines. Take a look at these Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups!
Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups
Strawberry Shortcake Cookie Cups RecipePin Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Spray a mini muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture a little at a time until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place in muffin tin and gently press down.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Puree 7-10 strawberries to make a drizzle.
- Place one strawberry in each cup. Top with whipped cream and strawberry puree.
Top with blueberries to make the dessert look even more patriotic.
Short on time? Feel free to use pre made cookie dough (buy the tube).
What does your family usually do for Memorial Day? Do you have a favorite patriotic dessert recipe?