Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes With Parmesan(Last Updated On: March 7, 2019)
Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes With Parmesan: An easy yet flavorful side dish.
We eat pasta a lot in my house. However, we’re not very creative with side dishes. We tend to stick with green beans and garlic bread.
However, these Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes With Parmesan have become a quick favorite. The slightly tart, slightly slight sweet flavors complement almost any dish. In addition, you can’t go wrong with melted cheese!
Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes With Parmesan
- 4 large tomatoes sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup fresh spinach leaves roughly chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- Place the tomato slices in a large ziploc bag. Pour the vinegar over the tomatoes in the bag & gently toss to coat. Place the bag in the fridge & allow the tomatoes to marinate for an hour or two, tossing the tomatoes once or twice while they are marinating.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- While the oven is preheating, add the spinach and garlic to a skillet. Top with the olive oil & then saute over medium heat until the spinach has just wilted.
- Spoon a small amount of the spinach and garlic over each tomato slice. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese & then sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes have softened.
Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes With Parmesan Shopping Tip:
- Use fresh local tomatoes from the farmers market for maximum flavor.
- Experiment with different varieties of vinegars until you find your favorite! Personally I like the Delallos.
What do you think of these Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes With Parmesan? What is your favorite quick and easy side dish?