Sweet and chewy Rice Krispies with a hint of tangy lemonade flavor.
Is it my imagination or does pink lemonade taste better than regular lemonade? I know its simply a matter of dye, but it always tastes slightly sweeter to me!
In addition, it looks so much prettier in the glass (because that’s important right?).
I love cooling off on a hot day with a tall frosty glass of sweet and tangy lemonade. That was the inspiration for these rice krispy treats. They capture the flavor of summer whether it is July or January.
Pink Lemonade Rice Krispy Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz bag of Marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring
- 1 packet Pink Lemonade Kool-Aid Mix
- ¼ cup Pink Candy Melting Chips
- ¼ cup White Candy Melting Chips
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low to medium heat. Grease 9/9 pan with butter or non stick spray.
- Stir in marshmallows until they are completely melted and combined.
- Stir in Kool- Aid until combined. Add 3-4 drops of food coloring until the mixture is the desired shade of pink.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Stir until completely coated.
- Press mixture into pan with buttered or greased hands. Work quickly while the mixture is still pliable!
- Cool completely and then cut into squares.
- Melt pink candy chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Melt for 30 second intervals stirring in between until melted. Cool 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small plastic bag for piping, or simply drizzle with a spoon.
- Melt white candy chips in a separate microwave bowl as described above. Pipe or drizzle with a spoon