Patriotic Strawberry Trifle(Last Updated On: March 7, 2019)
Patriotic Strawberry Trifle Recipe: Today I’d like to continue with my easy, grab and go patriotic desserts. When I think of a Strawberry trifle, I think of a giant trifle bowl layered with cake, fruit, and cream.
However, a trifle is not really picnic friendly. No one wants to mess up that immaculate dessert, and getting it out can be a mess.
My solution are these individual red, white, and blue strawberry trifles. Don’t feel that you have to buy mini trifle dishes. Mason jars or even disposable clear plastic cups would do just fine for this strawberry trifle as well!
Use my homemade pound cake recipe, or feel free to use a store bought cake if you’re short on time.
Patriotic Strawberry TriflePin Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups superfine sugar Just put regular sugar in the food processor for a few pulses
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 6 oz Blueberries
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a small loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix flour and salt together.
- In a separate bowl mix butter and vanilla. Gradually add sugar a little at a time. Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for one hour and 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Cut pound cake into thick slice. Cut out 4 circles with a glass. Alternative you could just cut the cake into cubes if your prefer.
- Wash strawberries and blueberries. Trim and slice strawberries.
- Whip cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Place cake slice on the bottom of the glass. Top with a layer of strawberries.
- Top strawberries with a generous layer of whipped cream. Top cream with blueberries.
- Garnish with a strawberry if desired.
You may also enjoy:
Patriotic Rice Krispy Treats
Other Terrific Trifles from bloggers I love:
Fudge Brownie Trifle via Pinch of Yum
Peanut Butter Oreo Trifle via Crazy for Crust
Better than “Anything” Trifle via I’m Topsy Turvy
Smores Trifle via My Baking Addiction
Pumpkin Latte Trifle via Bakerholic Mama
What do you think of this Patriotic Strawberry Trifle?