Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies: Melt in your mouth red velvet whoopie pies with cream cheese frosting smooshed in between. Tastes like red velvet cake, but takes half the time and effort!
These Red Velvet Whoopie Pies are so soft they nearly melt in your mouth.
Take 2 of these cakey cookies with cream cheese marshmallow filling in between and you’ve got yourself a date for Valentine’s Day. You know, just in case Tony Romo doesn’t call me for the 3rd year in a row….
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies to Die for (Don’t Die)
- For the Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- ½ Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Red Food Coloring
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ Cup Butter, Softened
- 4 Ounces of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 7 Ounces Marshmallow Creme
- Pinch of Salt, To Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add flour a little at a time until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop batter onto prepared pans. Use a greased hand to gently flatten each scoop of dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are just set.
- Cool completely.
- For the Marshmallow Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, mix butter, salt and marshmallow cream until smooth. Fold in marshmallow creme.
- Putting it all together
- Spread one whoopie pie with ~1 tablespoon of frosting. Top with a second whoopie pie.
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies adapted via Roxanna’s Home Baking
Craving more Valentine’s Day Desserts?
Red Velvet Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars via Crazy For Crust
Red Velvet Peppermint Donuts via Inside Bru Crew Life
Red Velvet Cookie Dough Bars via Homemade Hooplah