Easy Crockpot Apple Butter(Last Updated On: March 7, 2019)
Easy Crockpot Apple Butter: Let the crockpot do all the heavy lifting for this sweet Fall spread. Super easy, can you guess the 6 common ingredients?
Every October my town has a fall festival centered around apples. It used to be centered around homemade apple butter.
However, apple butter is no longer even for sale at the event. It has been replaced by french fries, funnel cakes, and the ever popular walking taco.
I love fried foods as much as they next guy,but you can find them at any fair/event.
I wanted to try to recreate apple butter at home. All I know is they used to cook for an entire day in a giant kettle the day before. No thank you, Ma’am!
When I found out you can make crockpot Apple Butter, I knew I had to give it a try. This crockpot apple butter recipe couldn’t be easier. Peel/core the apples and the slow cooker does the rest for you!
I love using this crockpot apple butter on muffins, toast, or even saltines with a touch of butter -yum!
Crockpot Apple Butter – Easy and Delicious
Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
- 9 Large Apples
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- Core ,peel ,and chop apples. Place apples in slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients. Pour over apples.
- Cook on high heat for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook for 10-12 hours or until dark brown in color.
- If lumps remain mash with a potato masher or use an immersion blender.
- Cook on low for 1-2 more hours or until thick.
- Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
Apple Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Crumb Apple Pie via Crazy For Crust
Caramel Apple Cookie Cups via Life Love Sugar
Caramel Apple Shortcakes via Fake Ginger
What do you think of this easy crockpot apple butter?