Ultimate Mustard Chicken
Ultimate Mustard Chicken: Crunchy pretzels and tangy mustard will bring your family running to the dinner table. Your favorite snack food flavors for dinner!
One of my favorite snacks is honey mustard pretzels. Now I can enjoy those flavors in a hearty main dish recipe. It features crunchy pretzels, tangy mustard, and tender chicken.
I’ve partnered with Colman’s Mustard for this recipe, which features both their dry and prepared mustard. They’ve been making flavorful products since 1814. P.S. Check them out on Instagram @colmansusa for 12 Days of Giveaways!
This baked mustard chicken recipe is perfect for busy weeknights as we lead up to the holiday rush.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
Mustard Chicken Ingredients
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: I cut them in half (sliced thin) so they cook up quick. These are the perfect blank canvas for dinner!
Spices: Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper
Coleman’s Dry Mustard: Our secret ingredient! Made of 100% pure white and brown mustard seeds, this adds a punch of flavor. A must try for any mustard lover!
Pretzels Sticks: I love snacking on honey mustard pretzels, which was the inspiration for this dish. They add great flavor and a whole lot of crunch.
Colman’s Mustard: Tangy and flavorful this ingredient does double duty. It also helps our pretzels stick to our chicken!
**Don’t forget to clip your Colman’s coupons on Ibotta here: **
How To Make Honey Mustard Chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice chicken in half.
Then, crush up the pretzels.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs and Colman’s mustard
In another medium bowl, combine flour, Colman’s Dry Mustard, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, and Salt/Pepper.
Coat chicken in flour mixture. Next, dredge in egg mixture.
Finally, coat in crushed pretzels.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
What Goes With Honey Mustard Chicken
Honey mustard chicken goes great with a wide variety of sides. Our favorites are mashed/baked potatoes, green beans, and coleslaw.
How Long Do You Cook Honey Mustard Chicken?
How long you cook your chicken is going to depend on the cut and size. For boneless breasts, it should take around 20-25 minutes. Be sure a food thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
Do I Have To Use Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts?
I used boneless skinless chicken breasts for this mustard chicken. However, you could also make mustard thighs or tenders. The cooking time will need to be adjusted. Pork would also be delicious with these flavors.
Why Do You Cut the Chicken In Half?
In my mustard chicken recipe, I cutmy chicken in half so it is thinner and cooks quicker! The quicker it cooks, the less likely it is to dry out too!
How Do You Cut the Chicken In Half?
Place your chicken breast on a cutting board. Hold it down with your non-cutting hand. Slice through it from side to side using a sharp chef’s knife.
Find more yummy mustard recipes here!!
Eager to whip this up at home? Be sure to clip your coupon on Ibotta here.
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Sliced in Half Lengthwise
- ½ Cup Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Colman’s Dry Mustard
- 2 Cups Pretzels Sticks, Crushed
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Colman’s Mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking a sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place pretzels in large Ziploc bag. Crush pretzels using a rolling pin.
- Slice chicken in half, and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and mustard.
- In a second medium bowl, combine flour, Colman’s Dry Mustard, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper.
- Pour crushed pretzels into a third bowl.
- Toss chicken in flour mixture until well coated. Then dredge in egg mixture, being sure to coat all sides.
- Finally, coat in crushed pretzels.
- Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and browned.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
What do you think of this Mustard Chicken? What is your favorite dish to make with mustard?