Chicken Spaghetti: Ultra creamy spaghetti with tender chicken and plenty of cheese. Everyone always asks for seconds!
Looking for the perfect chicken spaghetti recipe? Wait until you try this one. My mouth starts to water just thinking about it. This creamy cheesy chicken spaghetti casserole makes a delicious and easy weeknight dinner that will leave everyone asking for seconds. It is also perfect for potlucks.
More Pasta Dinners
How To Make Chicken Spaghetti:
- Prep Work: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Saute onion and peppers. Cook spaghetti according to package directions using broth instead of water.
- Mix: In a large casserole dish, combine chicken, spaghetti, veggies, cheese, seasonings, and broth.
- Bake: Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling. Top with remaining cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does it Last?
Once this chicken spaghetti casserole has cooled, you will want to store it in an airtight container. You can also put a lid on the casserole dish, or cover it tightly with foil. It will last for up to 3 days when stored properly.
Can you Freeze It?
If you find that you will not finish the leftovers of this easy chicken spaghetti recipe, you will want to freeze it as soon as possible. Pasta makes a great freezer meal, whether you are storing leftovers for another day or making freezer meals for another day.
Can You Make It Ahead?
When you are trying to make this recipe ahead, you can make it ahead in two different ways.
Option 1: Make everything up to the point of putting it in the oven. Wrap it well and put it in the refrigerator. When ready, later, you can heat it through in the oven.
Option 2: The other option is to make the chicken spaghetti casserole and bake it. The next day you can reheat it through. When you are making this recipe ahead, be sure to at a little broth. This will keep it from drying out.
How To Reheat Leftovers
When you are ready to enjoy your leftovers, you will want to warm it through. You can reheat the entire casserole in the oven until it is hot and the cheese is melted. Another option is to heat the chicken spaghetti in the microwave. This is great for single servings.
- Mix Up the Meat: Use ground chicken, chicken sausage ,or ground beef instead of cooked chicken.
- Make It Spicy: Use cayenne instead of seasoning salt, add jalapeno ,and top with pepper jack cheese.
- Make It Vegetarian: Leave out the chicken (or use veggie “chicken”). Sub cream of celery soup for the cream of chicken soup.
- Add More Veggies: Canned tomatoes, mushrooms, or carrots would also go great here.
- Make It Gluten Free: Use gluten free spaghetti, and ensure your cream soup is also gluten free.
What To Serve With Chicken Spaghetti
If you are making this easy chicken spaghetti, you might want to serve something to go with it. If you are looking for ideas on what to serve with chicken spaghetti you can try:
A Side Salad: A side salad is always a good idea when it comes to pasta.
Garlic bread: Everyone thinks of garlic bread whenever they are eating pasta. You can buy garlic bread already made or you can make it yourself.
Garlic Knots: I love making fresh garlic knots when I make pasta.
Cheesy Bread: Cheesy bread is garlic bread topped with cheese. It goes great with any type of pasta and this baked chicken spaghetti is no exception.
Vegetables: Roasted vegetables would make a nice addition to this chicken spaghetti recipe. Use whatever vegetables are in season to bring fresh flavor to this dinner.
- 4 Cups Cooked Chicken
- 1 Pound Angel Hair Spaghetti
- 2 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, Divided
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- Salt/Pepper , To Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to the box directions using broth instead of water. Reserve pasta broth.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onion and pepper until softened.
- In a 9x13 inch casserole dish, combine chicken, spaghetti, bell pepper, onion, seasoning salt, cream soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Stir in 1-2 cups of pasta broth.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Top with remaining cheese.
What do you think of this chicken spaghetti? What if your favorite pasta dish?