Lemon Garlic Chicken
Lemon Garlic Chicken: Juicy and tender chicken bursting with flavor. One pot and ready in less than 25 minutes!
One of my favorite sources of protein is chicken and I’m always looking for different ways to prepare it. My love for chicken can only be rivaled by my love for garlic! Garlic has a special way of elevating the flavor of so many foods. Enter: Lemon Garlic Chicken. It is SO flavorful with bright citrus and fresh garlic.
This Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe is perfect for a flavorful weeknight dinner.
More Winner Winner Chicken Dinners
Lemon Garlic Chicken Ingredients
This lemon and garlic chicken recipe only requires a few simple ingredients.
- Chicken: I used boneless skinless chicken breasts. You could also use thighs just adjust the cooking time.
- Olive Oil: We’ll use this to saute our chicken. This will give it a wonderful caramelized flavor.
- Adobo Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper
- Garlic: I used 4 cloves. Feel free to use more or less depending on your preferences.
- Lemons: Cooking the lemon slices with the chicken makes it tastes amazing!
- Chicken Broth
Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
To start off, saute your chicken and spices in the olive oil until it’s golden brown. Stir for about a minute and then add the remaining ingredients to the pot.
Then,close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Chicken is done when the juices run clear, and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Quick release the pressure, stir ,and serve.
What To Serve With Lemon Garlic Chicken
One of my favorite pairings with lemon pepper garlic chicken is mashed potatoes and a roll. Scalloped Potatoes are also a hit in our house. Other veggies like cauliflower, candied carrots, or a tossed salad would also be wonderful with this lemon garlic chicken breast.
1. Add more seasonings such as oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
2. Serve over pasta with Alfredo or garlic butter.
3. Use chicken thighs or drumsticks instead.
- Add oil to Instant Pot, and set to Saute mode. One oil is hot add chicken, adobo seasoning, garlic powder, and salt/pepper to Instant Pot. Cook for a few minutes per side until browned.
- Add lemons, garlic cloves, and broth to Instant Pot. Seal pressure valve.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Do a quick release, and enjoy!
What do you think of this Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken? What is your favorite way to eat chicken?