This Instant Pot chicken noodle soup has hearty veggies, and tender chicken to help you warm up from the inside out. This comfort food recipe cooks up quickly.
Soup is my go to winter dinner. It just warms you up from the inside out.
Using an Instant Pot can make it easy to create a dish that traditionally takes a long time to get a deep flavor. I’ve done this with both Instant Pot Clam Chowder and Taco Soup so far. My usual soup recipe involves cooking on the stove top or the crock pot for a few hours! Luckily this Instant Pot chicken noodle soup cooks up in just 5 minutes!
Perfect for busy weeknights or when you’re down with a cold!
You are going to love the ease and convenience of making this recipe in your Instant Pot.
More Instant Pot Comfort Food
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup In the Instant Pot
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Brown the Chicken? Can You Skip This Step? You may want to skip this step in order to save time. While you can skip this step, I say it’s worth the few extra minutes. When you brown the chicken first, it creates a deeper flavor. It also creates a lovely caramelized coating.
Can You Use Frozen Chicken? When cooking with the Instant Pot, you can use frozen chicken. The Instant pot doesn’t start counting the cooking time until it has come to full pressure. When using frozen chicken, or other frozen ingredients, it takes longer for the Instant Pot to come to full pressure. Even though this recipe calls for diced chicken, you can still use frozen breasts. Just add a few minutes to the cooking time and shred after cooking.
Can You Freeze It? Having chicken soup on hand during the cold and flu season or for a cold winter night is one of the best ideas when it comes to comfort food. And while you can freeze soup, chicken noodle soup doesn’t always freeze well. If you want to make this to freeze, I would leave out the noodles. When you are ready to serve,cook the noodles and add to soup when serving.
- Switch Up the Protein: Leftover turkey also works well in this soup. This soup is a great way to use any cut of chicken you have available. Some people also like to use chicken thighs. Chicken thighs also add richness to the soup.
- Add More Veggies: While a traditional chicken soup calls for carrots and celery as the main vegetables, it is easy to add additional vegetables. I often add peppers, peas, and corn to my soup. It is not uncommon for me to add leftover vegetables to my soup. You can add any vegetable that you enjoy a soup and it will create a tasty addition.
- Use Rice: Chicken and rice soup is a classic. It would also make this soup gluten-free!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Heat olive oil.
- Once hot, add chicken, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook until chicken is browned on all sides and veggies are softened (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add broth, basil, oregano, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure valve. Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release of pressure.
- Stir in egg noodles. Place lid on instant pot, and allow to sit for 5 minutes.