Pizza Sliders: Zesty tomato sauce and gooey cheese inside super buttery rolls. Easy to make and great for crowds!
Pizza Sliders are perfect when you need a quick dinner. They taste amazing, and are so easy to make! They are also perfect for things like potlucks, reunions, or church suppers! You could even make pepperoni pizza sliders for a pizza lover’s birthday! Feel free to customize with your favorite pizza toppings, and serve with classic sides.
Pizza Slider Ingredients
- Package of Rolls: You can use dinner rolls, or Hawaiian rolls.
- Pizza Sauce
- Cheese: I used a mix of mozzarella and colby jack. Use freshly shredded cheese if you have time, it will melt so much smoother.
- Mini Pepperoni: You can also leave these off to make vegetarian sliders.
- Black Olives: Feel free to add your favorite toppings as well.
- Parmesan Cheese
- Spices: Garlic Salt, Oregano, and Parsley
Pizza Slider Recipe
- Prep Work: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper. Cut rolls in half horizontally.
- Fill Them Up: Spread with sauce. Top with cheeses, pepperoni, and black olives. Add top buns.
- Topping: Combine butter and spices. Brush on top of rolls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-minutes or until cheese is melted.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pizza Sliders
Can you freeze them?
Pizza sliders make a great freezer meal. Prepare and bake sliders according to the recipe. After cooled freeze in an air tight container for up to 3 months. You can also freeze in individual baggies inside a freezer bag. Pull out when you need a quick lunch, or the pizza craving hits late at night. When it is time to reheat the pizza sliders, thaw in the fridge. Then reheat in the microwave or the oven. When reheating in the microwave, wrap the roll in a moist napkin in order to keep the roll from getting hard. I do not suggest freezing before baking as the sauce can make the buns soggy.
Can you make them ahead?
The best way to make pepperoni pizza sliders ahead of time is to prep all your ingredients. I do not suggest assembling or heating before you’re ready to serve them as the buns may get soggy. You can always bake them the day before and leave them in the refrigerator if needed.
What To Serve With Pizza Sliders
Serve with chips,or a Italian chopped salad. Some of my other favorites are:
Pizza Slider Variations
Meat Lovers: Add pepperoni, cooked sausage, and bacon.
Hawaiian: Add cooked diced ham, and pineapple.
Make Them Vegetarian: Use only veggie toppings. My favorite combination is green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach.
BBQ Chicken: Use grilled chicken, BBQ sauce, and red onion.
Buffalo Chicken: Use grilled chicken and plenty of buffalo sauce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper or non stick foil.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally. Spread bottoms with pizza sauce.
- Add cheeses, pepperoni,and olives. Add other half of rolls back on top.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, oregano, garlic salt, and parsley. Spread on top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and rolls are golden.
What do you think of these Pizza Sliders?