Winter mornings are even worse! I just want to snooze and snuggle under the covers until noon. The only thing (besides a dog jumping on my chest) that gets me moving is knowing I have a yummy breakfast planned.
These apple cider donuts are one of my favorites for Fall. They start out with a simple biscuit dough making them perfect for a lazy weekend or a chilly morning.
- 1 Can
- Grands Biscuits
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- Heat oil over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Set aside.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl whisk powdered sugar and apple cider until smooth.Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Use a small round cookie cutter to cut a hole in the center of each one.
- Fry until each side is golden brown (around 2-3 minutes per side).
- Remove from oil, drain on paper towels. Immediately dunk both sides in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Drizzle each donuts with a generous amount of glaze.
Decadent Doughnut Recipes from Blogs I love:
Cherry Lemoande Donuts via Inside Bru Crew Life
Peanut Butter Cream Donuts via Crazy For Crust
Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Ganache via Averie Cooks
Glazed Donuts via Leanne Bakes
Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes via The Comfort of Cooking