Appletini Recipe: Tantalize your taste buds with a crisp cocktail. Only 3 ingredients and 2 minutes prep required!
I’d like to introduce you to my newest BFF! Meet Appletini! She is a fun, fruity cocktail that is super easy to make.My apple martini recipe recipe takes less than 2 minutes to prepare ,and only requires 3 ingredients. (4 if you want to garnish with a slice of fresh apple to make it look pretty).
This recipe makes 2 drinks. However, feel free to make larger batches. It would be a perfect Girls Night In or a Book Club meeting.
What Is An Appletini?
It is just a cute way of saying Apple Martini. Martinis make me think of rich old men sipping gin at the country club in the 1920s.This fun modern cocktail uses vodka.
Apple Martini Recipe Ingredients
The ingredients in cocktails are important. When you only use 3, it is important they taste great and are high quality.
- Apple Vodka: On its own vodka doesn’t taste like much. Bump up the flavor with a high quality apple vodka. I like using Smirnoff Green Apple. It has the perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors. It reminds me a bit of the green Jolly Ranchers. I also love using this in my Caramel Apple Sangria! Did you know you can also make your own?
- Sour Mix: Sour mix is a sweetened lemon lime juice mixture. I like using Sour Mix because it so convenient. You can also try making it at home. Check out this DIY version from The Spruce Eats.
- Apple Cider: For this drink I used local homemade cider from my Farmer’s Market. I like using cider because it has a deeper flavor. However, feel free to substitute apple juice if you prefer.
If you are unable, or don’t want to drink alcohol you can still enjoy this drink. It would taste great with just apple cider and sour mix. However, I also like to add a few ounces of Jones Green Apple soda for that little something extra.
How To Make An Appletini
Making this cocktail could not be easier. You don’t even need a blender! Simply dump all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and strain! Easy peasy!
If you don’t have a cocktail shaker no worries, you can use any covered container. I love using mason jars. Even a sealable travel mug will do the trick,no fancy equipment here we’re just mixing a drink!
How Many Calories In An Appletini
We’ve estimated the calories in our drink to be about 190 per drink
- This cocktail was originally invented in 1997 in Hollywood California, making it a rather new drink.
- The Appletini drink was originally called the Adam’s Apple Martini.
- Love them? You’re in good company! Famous imbibers include Ted on How I Met Your Mother, Alan on Two and a Half Men,and it is even the official cockail of Facebook!
- 4 Ounces Apple Vodka, I used Smirnoff Green Apple
- 2 Ounces Sour Mix
- 4 Ounces Apple Cider, Or Apple Juice
Adapted via Smirnoff
Want another drink?
Martini Recipes From Blogs I Heart:
Sugar Cookie Martini via Crazy For Crust
Orange Sunshine Martini via Creative Culinary
Big Easy Martini via A Spicy Southern Kitchen
What do you think of this appletini drink? What’s your favorite fruity cocktail recipe?