Caramel Apple Cupcakes(Last Updated On: March 7, 2019)
Moist apple cupcakes with a hint of spice, topped with creamy caramel and crunchy peanuts.
This weekend was my small town’s annual Fall Festival. Various businesses have booths with games, and crafters pitch their products. However, the real reason everyone goes is the food!
Some of my favorites are kettle corn, funnel cake, and of course caramel apples!
When I was younger, my Mom never wanted me to get a caramel apple because they were too “sticky” and “messy”. Finally, Grandma gave in. The result?
I ate the caramel/toppings off and threw the apple away! 😀
Not much has changed right!?
These cupcakes are a great way to get that caramel apple flavor without the stick factor!
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
<b>For the Topping:</b>
- 36 Small Square Caramels I used Kraft
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts Chopped
- 24 Wooden Sticks If Desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with cupcake papers. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, ground spices, and salt together.
- In a large bowl cream butter, oil, and sugar together. Stir in eggs,milk, juice, and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredient mixture, until just combined. Fold in apple shreds.
- Fill cupcake papers around 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Melt caramels and milk on the stovetop in a small sauce pan stirring CONSTANTLY until smooth.
- Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Stick a wooden stick in the center, if desired.
Cupcake recipe adapted via: Dinner With Julie
You may also enjoy:
Make these for the kiddos, and enjoy my Pecan Cake for the adult Thanksgiving table!
Amazing Apple Desserts from Bloggers I love:
Apple Butter Pie Bars via Crazy for Crust
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Bars via Averie Cooks
Vanilla Apple Cinnamon Muffins via Damn Delicious
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls via Lauren’s Latest
Apple Pie Bites via Chocolate, Chocolate, and More